Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So whats the actual delivery day like? And also tesla doesn't let you schedule? My app just assigned me a day and time... Does it not care if I'm available? lol

Delivery day will vary based on which SC you go to - they seem to each have a unique level of customer service. Some are great and some suck pretty hard.

Getting to delivery day was a real PITA but delivery day was a relief. When I picked up mine June 2021, the car was parked out front in the first row by the door. It was spotless and in pristine condition. The SA walked around it with my (smiling almost as much as I was) with a microfiber towel to wipe off any fingerprints I put on it from inspection. There was a confusion on payment side (I paid in full with ACH and there was a paperwork hiccup) but other than that, mine was pretty uneventful.

You take the appointment they give you or they seem to be flexible within reason of your original appointment. Some have cancelled and moved out due to travel. Seems to be a case-by-case issue.

Does it care if you are available? Some do not even care if you want the car...

Nono, just supposedly got a VIN but when I ask Tesla if they’re able to track my car they say they can’t search up the VIN because it’s supposedly not built so it’s a “phantom” VIN and will be corrected soon (i.e. removed). We’ll see what happens next few days. Did you get a VIN yet?
When you first get a VIN the car is not built yet. It’s due to be built within a few days. Nothing needs to be “corrected”.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Gotcha. They're nice people and the shop looked pretty meticulous. I'm pretty untrusting, but they took good care of my car. Lot of nice cars there. Don't have anything negative to say about the experience, but I can't speak to the longevity of the product yet.
I had mine done there several months ago right during their move to the current location.

6495 Xpel Ultimate PLus stealth with door sills.
995 Xpel fusion ceramic / Paint PPF
399 Xpel Prime XR 30% fronts, 20% rear but no windshield
300 70% Sunroof for heat
<818.90> 10% Tesla club discount (that's what they called it, I'm not in a club.)
Free detail kit

Total 8k ish.

They also put my carbon fiber look vinyl Ts on without charge.

At the time I couldn't get any feedback about them, but, it was a terrific experience, though the door to window trim on both fronts was taken off in a manner that slightly changed their shape and they both had to be replaced, which they said they would pay for but so far haven't. We have been in contact as it took forever to get the parts from Tesla, and I'm sure they will handle if I stop by. Tesla tech put them on for me for free, and said it's not uncommon to see this happen as it's very easy to tweak them when you take 'em off and as they are held on by friction a slight tweak to the shape means they don't fit right.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I'll try. Is it anyone in Orlando area that have the Plaid S or X and want to show it to a Tesla enthusiast today somewhere between 10 am and 1 pm? Went to Tesla in Orlando yesterday, but they had nothing to show else than a 3 and a Y. Regards European who has been waiting since forever for European deliveries...

There are two service centers in Orlando. Which one did you go to?

Seems like my SA is trying to pressure me into payment before delivery day. I'm in CA, I can definitely wait until that actual day and after I have checked the vehicle right? Its absurd to pay before seeing the car.
I wonder how stupid they think people really are. That's like you telling them that you want to drive it for a month or so to make sure you want to buy it! Then there are people who just do not care and buy it with all kinds of problems....
No money till you check it out first!

I wonder how stupid they think people really are. That's like you telling them that you want to drive it for a month or so to make sure you want to buy it! Then there are people who just do not care and buy it with all kinds of problems....
No money till you check it out first!
I don't completely disagree with your sentiment, but....

1. Why are buying a car from a company you don't have faith it?
2. Taking care of payment beforehand eliminates most last minute problems
3. Paying up front is not accepting the vehicle, that's a separate step. You can still reject it. If you think you're going to back up completely and you're worried that Tesla will keep your money then why are buying a car from them again?

Yes, you can wait to transfer funds until after you inspect it.

I had mine done there several months ago right during their move to the current location.

6495 Xpel Ultimate PLus stealth with door sills.
995 Xpel fusion ceramic / Paint PPF
399 Xpel Prime XR 30% fronts, 20% rear but no windshield
300 70% Sunroof for heat
<818.90> 10% Tesla club discount (that's what they called it, I'm not in a club.)
Free detail kit

Total 8k ish.

They also put my carbon fiber look vinyl Ts on without charge.

At the time I couldn't get any feedback about them, but, it was a terrific experience, though the door to window trim on both fronts was taken off in a manner that slightly changed their shape and they both had to be replaced, which they said they would pay for but so far haven't. We have been in contact as it took forever to get the parts from Tesla, and I'm sure they will handle if I stop by. Tesla tech put them on for me for free, and said it's not uncommon to see this happen as it's very easy to tweak them when you take 'em off and as they are held on by friction a slight tweak to the shape means they don't fit right.
off topic, but @PhilipRs that looks an awful lot like a Baddeley print! :)

3. Paying up front is not accepting the vehicle, that's a separate step. You can still reject it. If you think you're going to back up completely and you're worried that Tesla will keep your money then why are buying a car from them again?

Not a mistrust on the company but a mistrust of the production times. I'm committed to buying but am 100% ready to reject if I find things that are unbearable. So then what happens after I reject? If I know i'll get another car in a week, sure I have no problem with that. But what if i go to the end of the queue again, will i be down 120k for half a year? I'm sure Tesla can give me a refund but I doubt companies are super on top of giving money back to customers. Even if Tesla is, not paying until I'm ready to accept just saves me the trouble of having to ask for the money back. To me theres a big difference between mistrust and caution.

So whats the actual delivery day like? And also tesla doesn't let you schedule? My app just assigned me a day and time... Does it not care if I'm available? lol
Depends on the location. Mine was very underwhelming. You can read up about it in the thread I linked. Maybe some people like the hands off...
Seems like my SA is trying to pressure me into payment before delivery day. I'm in CA, I can definitely wait until that actual day and after I have checked the vehicle right? It's absurd to pay before seeing the car.
Yes, but most places won't let you open the car before payment.

As mentioned above, most places won't let you inspect the interior of the car before payment. I've heard of a few people able to do so, but most indicate they cannot.

I just had the funds ready to transfer using their Plaid platform. I checked out the outside of the car, peeked inside, and it looked good. So I paid, opened it up, and spent a loooong time going through the rest of my checklist.

Not a mistrust on the company but a mistrust of the production times. I'm committed to buying but am 100% ready to reject if I find things that are unbearable. So then what happens after I reject? If I know i'll get another car in a week, sure I have no problem with that. But what if i go to the end of the queue again, will i be down 120k for half a year? I'm sure Tesla can give me a refund but I doubt companies are super on top of giving money back to customers. Even if Tesla is, not paying until I'm ready to accept just saves me the trouble of having to ask for the money back. To me theres a big difference between mistrust and caution.
I brought a cashiers check and did not pay until I had inspected inside and out.

Exacty. Hence my position - I paid 22k back in June to have my delivery cancelled an hr before pickup. Told that it would take 60 days to get the money back.. everyday my delivery seems to move further and further back.

Lesson learned - do not ever ever pay the final payment until you see the car

I’ve had great experience with Service where they went above and beyond specially in a high traffic area as mine (NY). Provided AS tires for free when my MS came with Summer tires, replaced everything I had issues with (wrinkly upholstery in my new MS, missing seat control button, etc), fixed scratches on body.

But I totally understand - my close family friends on the other hand were treated terribly at the same location for their legitimate concerns.
Such a hit or miss but yeah, this is just so out of the way nonsensical on their part. It’s a shame.
Hi, quick question. Was the tire swap at delivery and before you drove away or at a later date when you had put some miles on the summer tires?