Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past I have seen different recommendations for having tinting on the sunroof. Some recommended not doing at all and others recommended doing but at lower levels (e.g. 70%). Is there any updated experience/recommendation on tinting the sunroof and at what levels? Thank you!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone else's ANC calibrate EVERY time they get in the car?
Not uncommon. Also as @jebinc stated it’s junk anyway. You’ll often find more noise introduced having it on. I’m sure Tesla wishes they hadn’t bothered even including this as it doesn’t work. I’m actually amazed they haven’t removed it from the features list.

In the past I have seen different recommendations for having tinting on the sunroof. Some recommended not doing at all and others recommended doing but at lower levels (e.g. 70%). Is there any updated experience/recommendation on tinting the sunroof and at what levels? Thank you!
My local shop that works on 1000's of Tesla's recommended NOT tinting the sunroof. They would do it if I wanted but said it had a much higher risk of cracking the glass due to excessive heat. If anyone would know, they would.

With the rest of my car tinted now I do not really see the need for it either.

Not uncommon. Also as @jebinc stated it’s junk anyway. You’ll often find more noise introduced having it on. I’m sure Tesla wishes they hadn’t bothered even including this as it doesn’t work. I’m actually amazed they haven’t removed it from the features list.

It was junk until after the last couple updates - it actually works and makes a marked difference (for the good). Perfect? No. But leaps better and seems better incrementally with each of the last few updates.

I can toggle on the highway and even the passengers can tell the improvement.

It was junk until after the last couple updates - it actually works and makes a marked difference (for the good). Perfect? No. But leaps better and seems better incrementally with each of the last few updates.

I can toggle on the highway and even the passengers can tell the improvement.
I’m leaving mine off until “Dumb summon” becomes and works as advertised - Non beta “Smart Summon”…. So, I will be old and in a nursing home until I feel like turning it (aLpha release ANR) on! 🤣

I’m leaving mine off until “Dumb summon” becomes and works as advertised - Non beta “Smart Summon”…. So, I will be old and in a nursing home until I feel like turning it (aLpha release ANR) on! 🤣

Nonsense. It is at least alpha+ or beta-.

But seriously, I am much happier with it now. Still would like more silence.

I am on 20.6. But when toggled on when highway driving, it eliminates a droning noise and an echo noise. This is with the oem 21 tires.
Righto. I’ll test again - same setup as you. For me (I spent most of my time in 25-40 speed zones) the introduced droning was abominable. I’ve repeated this phenomenon in three different cars. My 2021, my 2022 and @jebinc 2021 I was in. It’s easy to toggle on and off and hear the disaster when on.

Righto. I’ll test again - same setup as you. For me (I spent most of my time in 25-40 speed zones) the introduced droning was abominable. I’ve repeated this phenomenon in three different cars. My 2021, my 2022 and @jebinc 2021 I was in. It’s easy to toggle on and off and hear the disaster when on.

I thought , by law, you and @jebinc were not allowed in the same car anymore after the incident last year - or was that just a rumor started by the anti-hingers?