Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know the latest refresh is slower than the first refresh due to the additional motor installed for the swivel display. That motor weight is at least... 400lbs. But at least the latest Plaids now have more motors than the first Plaids. And more motors = more power, offsetting that 400lbs.

Amirite?
Well, possibly. Your logic is applicable. But don’t forget the aerodynamic resistance due to the new Plaid emblem on the refresh refresh. Definitely worth a few tenths of a second. 😏

Only the top glass is made of ganbertate, a weaker glass substrate derived from a gastorone composite.

True story.

🙃

That comment alone tells me that guy is not well informed. The sun is not in the same location relative you the car all day long.
I'm sure he is a fantastic tint and ppf installer; but I would just ignore that comment about the sun always being at a direct angle with the sunroof.

Someone told me when I was young that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west...LOL. Maybe the "tint expert" assumes that the car floats throughout the day to always have the sunroof pointing directly at the sun? (Sarcasm)
Ooooo.. The floating option..🤪

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: greekmikemiami
Internal pressure? There is no internal pressure between glass layers. There’s differential expansion but glass and steel are similar in that regard. Nevertheless the glass floats on a layer of urethane adhesive between the glass and steel that’s it’s mounted to.
Thank you. After re reading MP3Mike's response to me that there is no gap, I retracted my statement of assumption. Still wonder about what adheasive they are using between the layers..

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Coming up on my delivery date is there a good checklist that includes the new features (ie. tilt screen)
Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

This one by @DaBean (thank you!) was a good one I bookmarked for possibly using. It’s organized well and pretty comprahensive, easy to follow, and wouldn’t be hard to add anything you particularly want to remember to review that may not be on there already.

Sure. If you don't tint the top they'll be fine.
I don't know...I've heard some horror stories about tinting, in that whatever is tinted, breaks. Windshields and whatnot. The problem I'm having is that since Tesla hinges are so misaligned usually, how will we even know if the tinting breaks them????

This rabbit hole is deep...best just to remove the yoke and go back to singlehandedly increasing the birthrate.