Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Windows yes, hinges no since they weren’t designed to be tinted and the quarter degree elevation in temperature could cause them to bind.
Can someone please explain to me what all this talk of tinting hinges means? I tried to look back at all the previous messages mentioning it but could figure out neither which hinges are being talked about, nor why anyone would talk about tinting a hinge.

Can someone please explain to me what all this talk of tinting hinges means? I tried to look back at all the previous messages mentioning it but could figure out neither which hinges are being talked about, nor why anyone would talk about tinting a hinge.
Sorry, it’s nonsense sarcasm. Big jokes about new hinges and speculation that tinting windows increases risk of breakage.

Hi all I got my VIN last week. And from what I heard the car is still in Freemont. All my account info looks good there is final payment that is lit up and says pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery. I didn’t think I had to pay anything till I pick up the car. How long does it take from time of vin to it shipping?
They want the payment before you arrived so you will have to pay via the app. I tried to reason with them about look at the car first and pay after but that didn't work

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Morning all, got a text today to schedule my delivery! I'm set for 8/6 at 11am. Very exciting! Still waiting for my trade-in valuation to be added (it says "pending") since it expired over the weekend after hitting the 30 day mark. Hopefully it's the same value as before. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will ask at delivery about the swap from summer to A/S tires, but based upon past phone calls and texts, I'm not optimistic. Worst case, I'll drive on the summer tires to early December and swap them to A/S tires. The Michelin Total Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires look highly ranked. Even higher rated them the OEM A/S tires that Tesla might offer (Conti Procontact RX's)

I do have some unfortunate experience with this type of swap on past few new cars that I've purchased. Last four vehicles I've purchased came with Run Flat Tires which are terrible. I ended up swapping them off after the first 5k miles or so. Looks like my Model S will be more of that same! New car, followed by appointment for new tires... LOL

It’s dumb that they come with summer tires to areas that snow and will be used year round
It is inconvenient, but it's not exclusive to Tesla, BMW does this for any of their performance cars, as well as Porsche, Benz, etc.
They have to sell the car with the tires that got their advertised specs, which ends up with tires that are more specialized for a certain environment.