Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. I had my scheduled delivery for Sunday, August 7th (today is 08/01/222), I received a call from the nearby Tesla store over the weekend to make sure I had everything in order; they told me the car arrives on August 3rd; I asked if I could pick it up earlier; they were able to reschedule me for Thursday, August 4th.
I love Tesla customer service

Thank you! That was it. Service guy that came a few weeks ago had no clue about this when I asked him. go figure.
My wife's MY once stopped knowing it was Home suddenly. Checked everything, and the settings were all still set correctly. Reset the Home address, nothing fixed it. I also noticed the charging stats showed it was being charged at Other, not home since about the time this happened. It only gets charged at home. Separately, I had complained in a service request that the App for requesting service wasn't functioning well and I received a call where the caller identified himself as working in Tesla App support. We worked through all the possible App specific kinds of problems and along the way the change to Home came up. He said the maps get tweaked from time to time and it can happen due to that. In the end, the problem was solved by finessing the Home address. My house is on a corner and her car didn't recognize the address entered by the normal street address. I had to enter the address of the adjacent street, which is physically closer to her car than the regular address. My car, is 20' feet farther from that side street and it recognizes the regular address fine.

I was told by the Tesla guy I could essentially drop a pin for where the car was when Home, as opposed to entering an address, but that function never worked for me. Either because I just didn't understand it or it isn't an actual function. I'd be interested to hear if anybody has done this successfully.

I just placed an order!

1659507412522.png

Morning all.... Just a few updates:
  • I am confirmed for pick up on Saturday, 8/6 - Green check mark now added to this step in the app.
  • Texted with Tesla over the weekend... car is in route to Paramus with expected ETA ~mid-week, so likely will take delivery this weekend.
  • I uploaded proof of insurance - Green check mark added to this step
  • I completed full payment this morning (I'm paying in cash) - Green check mark added to this step
  • Confirmed via text message that I will have full lifetime standard connectivity. 8 years of standard connectivity was only for orders placed on/after 7/20 despite it now saying so on my MVPA. I ordered 10/17/21.
  • Confirmed my VIN will arrive with summer tires, nothing they are willing do about it. I'll ask again nicely in person at pickup. Worst case, I'll plan to burn these up rest of the year and replace with A/S' by early December. Summer tires don't last too long anyway. Maybe ~10k miles or so. I don't want the hassle of swapping tires and wheels. Living next to NYC isn't exactly an autobahn-like experience :)
  • Ended up selling my BMW to CarMax - Was able to get $1,500 more then Tesla, which lowered again after my 30 days expired last weekend. Completed that on Friday, and deposited their check same day. It cleared this morning. Easy-peasy, took less than an hour, as car was in almost perfect shape.
  • Now driving my mothers-in-law's 15-year old POS until Tesla arrives this weekend ... Yikes! (She recently stopped driving and it's pending for us to sell it).
That's it for now... everything is now "Green" in the app and says ready for delivery. Will keep you posted on my experience from here. Good luck to all those still waiting. At least it seems the newer lead times are much more reasonable vs. the folks like me that ordered back in 2021.
Iceman- I also got tone on my target. August 11-14th SoFlo

Finally some news again this side of the Atlantic! Model S and X Plaid are back on order here in Europe (Model S), with quoted delivery December 2022 - February 2023. Long Range models not yet back, stating delivery in 2023.

Hoping they will prioritize my MSLR order from Feb 2021 together with those Plaids.. (I got a notice from the lease company that Tesla has shifted delivery to the week of Dec 1)