Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol the BMW dealership where I've bought a handful of cars doesn't give me too much gruff and keeps inviting me to all their events. I show up to them (because I like cars, and free food lol) and they ask me when I'm going to come back. I tell them to call me when they have an all-electric M5 CS to rival my Plaid. I really liked the V10 M5 I had back in the day, but they don't make cars like that anymore.
I have one of those! It’s one of my favorite cars!
It’s unreliable as heck, the SMG is clunky and jerky. But man is it a great car!

Unfortunately mine is currently parked with a rod bearing failure. Waiting until the wife gives me the ok to send it to Land Racing Development for a stroker rebuild.

1791EA9E-7D30-494F-9297-074F80C06A78.jpeg

After a trip to the Sierra mountains for some fun in the snow.

Here’s a photo of my new Model S. I have a MYLR that I’ve been driving daily, but I must admit this vehicle is more fun and more luxurious. While I do think that the MY and M3 are a better value, the S is a fun highway cruiser.

Now I need to consider getting Opticoat or other treatment to keep it looking sharp.

View attachment 837251
I had opti coat done on my old red one, paid a thousand bucks, well worth it! 3 years, 60k miles later the car still looked fantastic. Very minimal swirl marks.

I am still waiting from some of the additional cameras to calibrate after a little under 200km (125 miles) in order to use the auto lane change function of Navigate on Autopilot, auto park, Summon, etc, which I am hoping they will do next week when I have a little more of a drive on a 6 lane divided highway.
The additional cameras didn't take long after for them to calibrate; I think it was only a few more miles.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here’s a photo of my new Model S. I have a MYLR that I’ve been driving daily, but I must admit this vehicle is more fun and more luxurious. While I do think that the MY and M3 are a better value, the S is a fun highway cruiser.

Now I need to consider getting Opticoat or other treatment to keep it looking sharp.

View attachment 837251
Im picking up my Blue/Cream Model S Monday in Orlando (hopefully). Ill keep an eye out for a guy with a good taste in cars and car colors on the road around town!

I love your blue color. It looks more dark than I thought. Can you share more photos?
Sure. The blue sure looks great in different lighting conditions. As you can also see I like changing the wheels.

For those on this forum still waiting for your vehicles, I had no QC issues and no service needs. Interior and exterior where spot on and its a dream to drive. Already done several 1,700 mile road trips.
75AE1A05-B36A-4AA0-9BFA-68B2BF08FFC6.jpeg

D1C6B90F-B255-4674-97D1-76C7A4E867A8.jpeg
C7CE0018-7665-4DFB-8173-4D18F7E0043D.jpeg
7BE1BDD0-24DF-4786-83A7-585974D4300F.jpeg

Yeah, there's a lot upsides to Tesla not using the dealer model, but even after buying my 5th Tesla I still miss the fanfare and circumstance when you'd buy something nice at a traditional dealership. Everyone likes to have their ego stroked, and the extra attention they give if you bought the top of the top was always nice, so the in-and-out-in-under-15mins feels a bit abrupt, but overall I DO NOT miss having to go through all the other BS like the extended warranties, tire warranties, VIN etching, etc, etc, etc. Overall, I think it's a net positive.
My last 911 was delivered to my garage due to covid… and I missed the fanfare too. As I approach 60, the 5 minute delivery approach is more my style. Don’t really want to talk to anyone. Just give me my Tesla! MYP#1 was 10 min; MYP#2 was 6 min; hoping for a 2 min delivery on the MSLR.

My last 911 was delivered to my garage due to covid… and I missed the fanfare too. As I approach 60, the 5 minute delivery approach is more my style. Don’t really want to talk to anyone. Just give me my Tesla! MYP#1 was 10 min; MYP#2 was 6 min; hoping for a 2 min delivery on the MSLR.
So true! My delivery took place at the airport parking garage in DFW. At the end of the day, taking delivery regardless of where was worth the wait. Always hated the dealership experience.
535E69C6-690A-4025-8F68-1DB5BA0C6EB9.jpeg

Just picked up in Paramus. Had an excellent experience. Very Tesla like. Long time BMW guy, so I was used to the fanfare but I don’t miss the dealership experience. I literally walked into the store, accepted delivery, signed the NJ registration forms (that were already fully filled out for me) and walked out the door about 2 minutes later to my car. Car looks and feels great. No issues noticed at all. The car drives like a dream. Fully cleaned, detailed and tires shined. Very fast and total sleeper vibe. It’s neither fully a luxury car or sports car, but is both at the same time. Very hard to explain. It really just an amazing thing. Ride quality is excellent. Interior fit and finish were good. Paint looks good, but likely very thin, however I’m not a paint expert. It’s fast and comfortable at the same time. I’ll play around with it more this weekend and report back.

Reactions: Luisito
I had opti coat done on my old red one, paid a thousand bucks, well worth it! 3 years, 60k miles later the car still looked fantastic. Very minimal swirl marks.
Ive had cars for years with no opticoat and no swirl marks. That may be because
1)the drying process (wiping rags/towels/etc across a dry surface) is when swirls are introduced. Second most common way is via automated car washes and their dirty brushes spinning against the car
2)I handwash myself and dry with leaf blower.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid