Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s good info. However, for me, the car is half finished so it’s a couple days too late. 😞

Just to clarify the price, that $6500 is with the ceramic coating included. I had my Camaro ceramic coated by this gentleman a few years ago and it still looks great. If his prices are a little higher than others, I’m willing to pay because dealing with him now on my second car, I really appreciate his attention to detail and how upfront and honest he’s been. He sends me unsolicited updates throughout and has been super flexible. I had a PPF applied to my truck prior to finding this guy and the quality at that place was not nearly as good.

In saying all this, I’m not trying to advertise for him. I’m just trying to be honest with my experiences.
1660179120137.jpeg

This is my MSM with Xpell hood, front fenders, bumper and mirrors and full car Ceramic Pro. (With paint correction 1 layer of Light and 1 layer of 9H) includes wheels and windows. Cost was $3053.54 in 7/21. I can’t really tell where the PPF is or is not. Of course my 70 year old eyes might have something to do with it. 😁

View attachment 839430
This is my MSM with Xpell hood, front fenders, bumper and mirrors and full car Ceramic Pro. (With paint correction 1 layer of Light and 1 layer of 9H) includes wheels and windows. Cost was $3053.54 in 7/21. I can’t really tell where the PPF is or is not. Of course my 70 year old eyes might have something to do with it. 😁
Looks great. Here is a pic of mine with the hood done and the bumper not done yet.

Attachments

• 8F5966EA-FD84-4A99-8072-DDE90E837E53.jpeg
    8F5966EA-FD84-4A99-8072-DDE90E837E53.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 82
First update - ordered MSLR on 03/29/2022. Most recent estimated delivery: September 13 - October 25.

I'm struggling to form an expectation of when I should expect to see a VIN and a more firm delivery date.
It took me roughly 8 months from order date to delivery, which I'd say is probably fairly common for the MSLR. Some color combos seem to take longer, and Plaid's are delivered much quicker. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll likely receive your car sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but that could be wildly off, depending on so many factors that we don't really know (and that Tesla won't share).

I do know the wait is incredibly aggravating, and you'll get tired of refreshing your App for an update 20 times a day for months on end...

But as everyone else says, "the wait is totally worth it!" I love my car, even though it doesn't have the updated headlights, taillights, swiveling screen, updated "hinges" ;-), etc. Good luck!

It took me roughly 8 months from order date to delivery, which I'd say is probably fairly common for the MSLR. Some color combos seem to take longer, and Plaid's are delivered much quicker. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll likely receive your car sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but that could be wildly off, depending on so many factors that we don't really know (and that Tesla won't share).

I do know the wait is incredibly aggravating, and you'll get tired of refreshing your App for an update 20 times a day for months on end...

But as everyone else says, "the wait is totally worth it!" I love my car, even though it doesn't have the updated headlights, taillights, swiveling screen, updated "hinges" ;-), etc. Good luck!
Looks like I was wrong. I thought it would take 4 weeks to make to the east coast after getting a vin. Looks like yours took 2 weeks. Now I hope I don’t get a vin until September 1st. Thank you for sharing the information.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

What “hinges”?

I am an RN1163 order. Order date was January 12, 2022. MSLR BLK/WHT 21s, no FSD South Florida. I received a VIN on July 22. On July 30 I was offered delivery dates of August 9, 10 or 11. I chose August 9. As the date got closer I was able to reach someone at Tesla who put me in for delivery on August 8 which was a Monday. The day before delivery, the Fort Lauderdale SC called me and asked if I wanted to pick it up that day (Sunday August 7) which I happily accepted. I brought my trade in and was in and out in 20 mins. I asked if someone could show me some basic features in the vehicle and the sales rep said "no, sorry we can't do that." I also asked if I can inspect the inside and she said "not untiI I make final payment."

Both motors would have had to be missing for me to have rejected the delivery so I paid, got in and drove away. I paid cash less the value of my trade-in. Its an efficient process but definitely no hand-holding whatsoever.

I dropped it off with the PPF/Ceramic place the next morning and will hopefully have it back tomorrow and will post pictures.

I noticed some small panel gap issues but the interior was perfect and I didn't notice anything that caused alarm. Driving it was incredible until it started pouring and I couldn't figure out the windshield wipers. The yoke has not been an issue at all....I enjoyed it. There are lot of roundabouts near me and I didn't feel it was an issue to use a yoke vs. a wheel. I do need to look down to find the blinkers on the yoke but I am sure that I will get used to it.

Overall experience so far is an A+ on the actual car but a D on customer service.

Regarding my trade-in, over the seven months since I ordered the Tesla, the value of my trade-in through CarMax and others was consistently higher than Tesla's offer, however, they all evened out in the end to within a few hundred dollars of each other. I chose to go with Tesla for convenience and because I saved on the sales tax due to the trade-in.

I am an RN1163 order. Order date was January 12, 2022. MSLR BLK/WHT 21s, no FSD South Florida. I received a VIN on July 22. On July 30 I was offered delivery dates of August 9, 10 or 11. I chose August 9. As the date got closer I was able to reach someone at Tesla who put me in for delivery on August 8 which was a Monday. The day before delivery, the Fort Lauderdale SC called me and asked if I wanted to pick it up that day (Sunday August 7) which I happily accepted. I brought my trade in and was in and out in 20 mins. I asked if someone could show me some basic features in the vehicle and the sales rep said "no, sorry we can't do that." I also asked if I can inspect the inside and she said "not untiI I make final payment."

Both motors would have had to be missing for me to have rejected the delivery so I paid, got in and drove away. I paid cash less the value of my trade-in. Its an efficient process but definitely no hand-holding whatsoever.

I dropped it off with the PPF/Ceramic place the next morning and will hopefully have it back tomorrow and will post pictures.

I noticed some small panel gap issues but the interior was perfect and I didn't notice anything that caused alarm. Driving it was incredible until it started pouring and I couldn't figure out the windshield wipers. The yoke has not been an issue at all....I enjoyed it. There are lot of roundabouts near me and I didn't feel it was an issue to use a yoke vs. a wheel. I do need to look down to find the blinkers on the yoke but I am sure that I will get used to it.

Overall experience so far is an A+ on the actual car but a D on customer service.

Regarding my trade-in, over the seven months since I ordered the Tesla, the value of my trade-in through CarMax and others was consistently higher than Tesla's offer, however, they all evened out in the end to within a few hundred dollars of each other. I chose to go with Tesla for convenience and because I saved on the sales tax due to the trade-in.
I ordered a few days after you. Don’t have a VIN yet and I’m hoping I don’t get one until September 1st. I‘m not sure how long they would hold it at the SC if I’m out of the country. Also, I’m hoping they are back to all weather tires for the north east by then.

Hope both PPF and car are perfect. Enjoy!

I ordered a few days after you. Don’t have a VIN yet and I’m hoping I don’t get one until September 1st. I‘m not sure how long they would hold it at the SC if I’m out of the country. Also, I’m hoping they are back to all weather tires for the north east by then.

Hope both PPF and car are perfect. Enjoy!
Thank you. Good luck to you and hopefully your VIN comes when you expect it. I am told you only have three days to pick it up otherwise they move on to the next one with your configuration. Based on my experience that seems to be true since they gave me three options to pick it up (August 9, 10, 11) and the other days I couldn't even click on. I was headed out of town when I first received my VIN so I was prepared to have a family member or friend pick it up for me if I missed my 3 day window.

I would have asked for the manager if I had been refused access to the interior of the car prior to payment. You’ll have an opportunity to complain about that when you get your survey from Tesla.

We’re looking forward to seeing your photos. I hope you enjoy your new Tesla in good health!