Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. My current MS lease is up in April 2023. "Tesla Ownership Loyalty team" keep calling/texting me to order replacement vehicle now. When I check design center for likely MSLR replacement---says Nov2022-Jan2023. Is the on line estimate really 3 months off to what is actually occurring?? Just trying to gauge if I should take ordering now more seriously or are they just being alarmist/sales pushers.

Ok. My current MS lease is up in April 2023. "Tesla Ownership Loyalty team" keep calling/texting me to order replacement vehicle now. When I check design center for likely MSLR replacement---says Nov2022-Jan2023. Is the on line estimate really 3 months off to what is actually occurring?? Just trying to gauge if I should take ordering now more seriously or are they just being alarmist/sales pushers.
I’ve been waiting 10+ months 😃

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It will switch to Dec-Mar 23 once you place the deposit…

Out of curiosity ... do new model X SUVs get the tilt screen? Any headlight/taillight update?
(I realize their headlights/taillights aren't from 2012 lol)
Yes to tilting screen and new taillights but the headlights remain the same for now unfortunately
I think Model X twilights have always been diffused. So no change.

Anyone have an issue with your Android phone not presenting the door handles? The door handles present upon touching them but, they should present while walking up to the car..
It always takes some time after tapping the Tesla icon on my phone before it connects to the car.
With the phone key the handles always present when in parking lot away from home. At home however, they don't always present. It's a blue tooth connection. I am guessing it's related to that 33ft of bluetooth range (you can google bluetooth range).

Last edited:
When I ordered mine in April, it said June-July on the website. Still looking at October if I am lucky

With the phone key the handles always present when in parking lot away from home. At home however, they don't always present. It's a blue tooth connection. I am guessing it's related to that 33ft of bluetooth range (you can google bluetooth range).
Thank you. Even when I approach away from home, the handles need to be touched to get in.

Thank you. Even when I approach away from home, the handles need to be touched to get in.
It's too much work to go back and find my post on this issue, but in general, my iphone is in my back right pocket and very frequently didn't get the handles to present. It was suggested I carry the fob in my front pocket, which I now do and it's better, but I have to touch my handles about half the time to get in the car now. And irritatingly, I can casually walk by it here at my building and even 6 feet away they present, more often as a percentage than when I walk up to get in the car.

I just looked again on the existing MS inventory on the website for the LA area. Similar to the last 2-3 weeks there are 12-13 MS Plaids with FSD available. They are not even close to be selling out. People on the forum who want to order a MS Plaid without FSD seem to only have a 1-2 months wait. Hearing all the stories about demand which were true several months ago and especially when gas prices were at their highest, I think that demand and supply are finally matching up. I'm still waiting for my first Tesla/EV, a MS LR but am in no hurry. If the current in inventory Plaids do not sell, would they get rid of the FSD option to make them move? How would one even know?

Also, as Tesla is calling you to order, what would be their policy if the new MS shows up early? I assume they would want you to take the new car as soon as possible even if your old lease is not up and pay for both cars for a time.

Ok thanks guys. Seems like the online design estimate is hopeful and likely will be delayed based on my specs. I spoke to Rep and they will try to match up my new production date with my end of lease date as much as possible. So, I will not get a VIN assigned in the "usual" away. Seem like its unlikely I will get it super early and then have them terminate my lease early. Most likely they will match up fairly close or will be on slightly delayed, but then they will extend my current lease accordingly if needed.

So, I guess I have officially joined the RN1177 group

Picked up MSLR yesterday. Had to pay and accept everything in the app before we could look inside.

There are some areas where it looked like the service center or assembly crudely touched up with paint and some panel gaps and misalignments. The front bumper is still on order but they don’t have a date yet on when it’ll arrive.

How do SCs typically fix paint issues when identified during inspection, and do SCs fix gaps and misalignments even after PPF is installed?

Picked up MSLR yesterday. Had to pay and accept everything in the app before we could look inside.

There are some areas where it looked like the service center or assembly crudely touched up with paint and some panel gaps and misalignments. The front bumper is still on order but they don’t have a date yet on when it’ll arrive.

How do SCs typically fix paint issues when identified during inspection, and do SCs fix gaps and misalignments even after PPF is installed?
When was your order date?

If your looking for a MSLR with MSM/white/19” their is one available in DC…

Attachments

• D2AFB449-B42A-4466-BBE0-2B319E2C69C6.jpeg
    D2AFB449-B42A-4466-BBE0-2B319E2C69C6.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 89