Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my RHD Plaid on order for nearly a year, anybody know when UK gets first deliveries?
MSLR order since Feb '21 (NL). Still a complete guess when they will deliver, latest comms are beginning of December but they have been announcing and postponing delivery for the past 1.5y now.. Guessing they will ship LHS models to mainland Europe first and deliver RHS model UK much later. 😢

Had my RHD Plaid on order for nearly a year, anybody know when UK gets first deliveries?
I genuinely feel really sorry for you driving a new S with the yoke on the tight roads there. Whenever I’m back (home) in London I’m glad my car isn’t there. Just will be awful (in my humble opinion). You sure you want to put yourself through yoke + roundabouts + tight maneuvers?

You put in your order early last week? Oh then you don't have to worry about anything.

With delays, you're certain to get that car next year so you're on auto hold lol
Yes you’re right. I ordered a Plaid last week and the site was saying estimated delivery September-October and when I got an updated EDD a few days ago, it went from September-October to November 17 - January 12. So it is quite possible that I will end up with the 2023 model.

It will arrive quicker than a LR… as they prioritize the build line with Plaids… I’d bet early October build…
That would be nice. I would like to be able to enjoy the car before the Maine winter sets in. Tesla’s history with delivering my cars timely is not great, though. The shortest wait I’ve had was my Model 3 last year which took exactly 60 days from order to delivery. So I feel a bit deceived despite the date range just being an estimate.

Have to admit Im a bit ticked off seeing model Y and Model 3 performance orders coming in weeks. You would think that the Model S would be a premium car with some semblance of love to the purchasers. In reality, the Y and 3 are Teslas bread and butter. Thats what they push out and care about.
Pretty similar dates, order date 03/02/2022
EDD now 9/10-10/01, no VIN yet
Narrowed a little more, now EDD 9/9-9/29, no VIN yet and 3 days left until entering the EDD

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It will arrive quicker than a LR… as they prioritize the build line with Plaids… I’d bet early October build…
They told me they no longer allow order holds like they used to. So when you’re assigned a VIN, just don’t accept it and request a 2 week hold, but that’s it.

So I might change my build to a LR until mid October then switch back to my Plaid. That’ll guarantee a delay. I really don’t want a VIN between now and October especially when you can get a 2023 w a Nov 1st vin.

I genuinely feel really sorry for you driving a new S with the yoke on the tight roads there. Whenever I’m back (home) in London I’m glad my car isn’t there. Just will be awful (in my humble opinion). You sure you want to put yourself through yoke + roundabouts + tight maneuvers?
Is it that much of a compromise? I see Model 3 and Y in UK having a yoke mod, perhaps I should have a chat with some of those guys?

Is it that much of a compromise? I see Model 3 and Y in UK having a yoke mod, perhaps I should have a chat with some of those guys?
I think it is, yes. I firmly believe most owners are in denial when it comes to the yoke, or live in Tucson, Arizona where all the roads are open, wide, and straight. The idea of a yoke on London roads is literally (and I mean literally) hysterical to me. If I desperately wanted a new Model S and still lived in the UK I’d have a third-party steering wheel ready to be installed day 1.

I think it is, yes. I firmly believe most owners are in denial when it comes to the yoke, or live in Tucson, Arizona where all the roads are open, wide, and straight. The idea of a yoke on London roads is literally (and I mean literally) hysterical to me. If I desperately wanted a new Model S and still lived in the UK I’d have a third-party steering wheel ready to be installed day 1.
It's definitely a personal preference thing. There's plenty of twisty and narrow mountain roads around where I live, and after driving the S with the yoke for a few hours it was easy to settle into.

Now, looking for the capacitive horn button is another story 🤣