Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI for those that have talked about winter wheels in here...

I would not recommend purchasing Tesla's wheel packages. They say they are in stock (not currently) but yet nothing ships. I ordered weeks ago when they were "in stock" and just received notification my appointment for pickup has been pushed out, they have me 2+ Months after ordering. They also charged me Fully for the package from day 1. I should have known better.

Looking for Plan B options now. Wish there were more.

I would not recommend purchasing Tesla's wheel packages. They say they are in stock (not currently) but yet nothing ships. I ordered weeks ago when they were "in stock" and just received notification my appointment for pickup has been pushed out, they have me 2+ Months after ordering. They also charged me Fully for the package from day 1. I should have known better.

That is rough. I’m sorry to hear that happened, very frustrating. I am also looking for an option for my Plaid for this winter and need to get something figured out before delivery. I ordered the 19” wheels. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Why get wheels package from Tesla? What about TireRack?
I wanted simplicity, the OEM + low cost is hard to beat. I guess price doesn't matter if it never shows up though. Please post the options from TireRack. I am all ears.

Wheels/Tires are extremely hard to find for these cars. I love the stance/size improvements they did with the refresh, that was a huge reason I went for the Tesla but man what a PITA. If I wanted to spend 7-8K on a winter set sure I have lots of options, but I don't.

This company is lucky that when the product is working it is Top notch but that is all they have going for them. Service, Delivery, Parts, etc. All a nightmare.

After the second day of my delivery window, I woke up to a new delivery window. Was 9-7-2022 through 9-28-2022. It is now 9-11-2022 through 9-27-2022. The window narrowed from 3 weeks to 2 weeks now. I did return my S Class Mercedes lease today. I reached out to a Tesla advisor today. I have never reached out to a TA. The TA said that my MSLR white exterior black interior is scheduled to leave the factory tomorrow and to expect a VIN within the next 2 days. He claimed to have accessed a screen that they normally don't access. He could have been blowin smoke up my ace, but fingers are crossed he was not.

After the second day of my delivery window, I woke up to a new delivery window. Was 9-7-2022 through 9-28-2022. It is now 9-11-2022 through 9-27-2022. The window narrowed from 3 weeks to 2 weeks now. I did return my S Class Mercedes lease today. I reached out to a Tesla advisor today. I have never reached out to a TA. The TA said that my MSLR white exterior black interior is scheduled to leave the factory tomorrow and to expect a VIN within the next 2 days. He claimed to have accessed a screen that they normally don't access. He could have been blowin smoke up my ace, but fingers are crossed he was not.
After seeing your post, I called Tesla. The TA told me the delivery is scheduled for 9/12, this coming Monday. I'm hoping to get a VIN tomorrow so that I can complete the third-party financing.

The solution seems to be to make an appointment in the Tesla app to have the winter tires installed, and include all the details about your winter tire order. This seems to result in the tires being at the SC. Or at least it opens up a line of communication with the SC.

This is what I did 3 years when I ordered winter tires from Tesla for my M3. They did seem confused when I brought the car to the SC, but they did have the winter tires on wheels available, and swapped them without any problem.

The solution seems to be to make an appointment in the Tesla app to have the winter tires installed, and include all the details about your winter tire order. This seems to result in the tires being at the SC. Or at least it opens up a line of communication with the SC.

This is what I did 3 years when I ordered winter tires from Tesla for my M3. They did seem confused when I brought the car to the SC, but they did have the winter tires on wheels available, and swapped them without any problem.
I have been in communication with the service center. I had originally set my appointment for about 3 weeks after ordering. They contacted me yesterday and said the tires were not in and pushed me out to the third week of October when they "estimate" the tires to be in.

My gripe is the false advertising and money grab they did by taking my money, saying a product is in stock when it was clearly not.

I have been in communication with the service center. I had originally set my appointment for about 3 weeks after ordering. They contacted me yesterday and said the tires were not in and pushed me out to the third week of October when they "estimate" the tires to be in.

My gripe is the false advertising and money grab they did by taking my money, saying a product is in stock when it was clearly not.
Yes, I thought the practice of taking the money and delivering whenever ended years ago. It did at almost all other companies

Yes, I thought the practice of taking the money and delivering whenever ended years ago. It did at almost all other companies
Just checked wheel and tire packages at the Tire Rack. Winter tire and wheels DO NOT have the speed sensors installed because they don't have them!! Plus, prices were the same as Tesla, if and when available. But, Tesla order will come with sensors and I quote from their site, -----"Once you have completed checkout for this item, please schedule a Service appointment for installation in your Tesla app. Shipping to your preferred Tesla Service Center and installation are included with purchase."
So, shipping and installation are included! What a deal!

Just to add another data point for those waiting on their Model S (Long Range, not Plaid). Just got my VIN this morning.

Ordered 3/21/2022
Model S Long Range, Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Wheels, Cream Interior, FSD.
RN11680XXXX.
Original Estimated Delivery was July 25-September 19
Then, around May, it became September 12-November 7
Then, around June, it became September 15-November 10
Then, around August, it became September 17-October 22
Then, later in August, it became September 21-October 12
Current Estimated Delivery is September 22-September 26
VIN Ending in 491XXX.

Hope that helps for anyone else in the waitlist.

None for me either. OOD 3-3-2022. My previous delivery windows are as follows:
June 20, 2022 - July 18. 2022
July 23. 2022 - September 17, 2022
September 14, 2022 - October 19, 2022
September 10, 2022 - November 5, 2022
September 17, 2022 - November 4, 2022
September 4, 2022 - September 25, 2022
September 7, 2022 - September 28, 2022
September 11, 2022 - September 27, 2022 (current window)

They seem to "like September"

My 3 week EDD was 9/12-10/3. It did not update and there was no sign of a vin until this Wednesday 9/7 at 6pm I got a text with a vin assignment. Took delivery yesterday 9/8 at 4. Less than 24 hours later. Sticker on the car says it was manufactured 8/22 so the vin was definitely created before it was assigned to me. Original order date was 3/16 and ironically enough I took delivery on the very last day of the first EDD window that was July 14th - September 8th. Ordered MSLR Black ext 21” rims with white int with FSD. Went through in detail this morning and only found 4 issues to be taken care of at a service appointment. The biggest issues are the driver’s door doesn’t close as easily as it should and a bigger gap in the front fender on the passenger side. Left scroll wheel on yoke doesn’t click normally like the right one does and about 10 miles after picking it up, the car issued a notification the driver’s side daytime running bulb isn’t working properly and needs to be replaced. Other than that, it is one great car.