Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/11/22 MSLR, MSM, cream interior, 19” wheels, no FSD
Original EDD Oct - Jan 2023
updated EDDs:
Sep 13 - Nov 8
July 3 - July 24 (was July 1 when this updated)
Sep 20 - November 1

Yesterday (8/9/22) i got a text saying my tesla was ready to schedule pickup, and the app showed possible dates between sep 7-sep 12, essentially no warning a week in advance and had 3 days to pick up car lol. Wasnt able to pick up sep 12 so they were able to extend one day. Scheduled pickup sep 13. Stoked.

Less than 4 months from order to available pickup, not bad for a MSLR with no FSD, purchased at the previous price of 100.

It is written. I got my VIN. Delivery 9-13 through 9-17. The Tesla Advisor was right. He said I would have my VIN within 2 days. It was two days on the money. Interestingly, never got a text or email. I turned off my phone mid evening because I found myself stressing over every email or text notification. I just logged into my app and there it was.

Im scheduled to be in vegas 9-18 returning 9-21. This was perfect!

It is written. I got my VIN. Delivery 9-13 through 9-17. The Tesla Advisor was right. He said I would have my VIN within 2 days. It was two days on the money. Interestingly, never got a text or email. I turned off my phone mid evening because I found myself stressing over every email or text notification. I just logged into my app and there it was.

Im scheduled to be in vegas 9-18 returning 9-21. This was perfect!
Just like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive. Haha.

MS cream looks very modern luxury for sure.

Attachments

• 67881548-99FD-4714-B97C-6B3A1634ACD9.jpeg
    67881548-99FD-4714-B97C-6B3A1634ACD9.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 125
VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN !!!
09/13 - 09/16

if it actually happens, it would be 11 mo from order
This morning I got the delivery appointment invite for 09/13-09/15: exactly the time I’m overseas 🤦🏻

The SA was nice enough to set it up manually for 09/16.

Got the $200 coupon to apply against the wall connector or travel adapter.

I already had the wall connector installed since January 😂. I was so naïve!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This morning I got the delivery appointment invite for 09/13-09/15: exactly the time I’m overseas 🤦🏻

Funny. I got my Tesla wall charger installed months ago as well. Already utilized the 200.00 coupon code for the standard charger. I'll be in Vegas on the 18th so the plan is to pick it up on just before and drop it off the get full PPF and tint. When I come back, I should be sitting pretty.

Congratulations. I land back in the USA on Monday and pick up mine on Tuesday. Life is good.

Question for anyone keeping up with the timelines. Texas order btw, which gives a bit more flexibility to me because I need to pay before they ship. I ordered MS LR in April. White paint, black interior, 19” wheels, with FSD. I actually ordered because the expected delivery was February 2023. It would be good timing for me, my wife and I are expecting a child in December so things will have started to calm down, I will have received my year end bonus which will pay for more likely than not a good half of the car by itself, it would ensure I have a 2023 model, and I am in no particular rush to move away from my 2018 P3D.

My delivery window keeps inching forward, and is now showing Dec 1-Jan 26. I am absolutely not going to drag my 9mo pregnant wife or 1-2 week post-delivery wife and newborn child the 1.5 hour each way trip to the service center to trade in and sign for the car. They aren’t going to threaten me with “take it or cancel it” if it keeps moving up and I tell them I am not going to take delivery until after New Years after the estimated delivery was supposed to be February 2023 are they? Anyone have recent (last couple months) experience with putting the delivery on Hold?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I entered my insurance information 5 days ago and I still can’t enter my payment information. My delivery is on the 13th. When should I expect Tesla to let me enter payment information? Right now still says we will let you know when to continue with pre delivery tasks.
From what I remember, when I bought my last one in June 2021, I was not able to enter payment info until a day or two before delivery.