Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for anyone keeping up with the timelines. Texas order btw, which gives a bit more flexibility to me because I need to pay before they ship. I ordered MS LR in April. White paint, black interior, 19” wheels, with FSD. I actually ordered because the expected delivery was February 2023. It would be good timing for me, my wife and I are expecting a child in December so things will have started to calm down, I will have received my year end bonus which will pay for more likely than not a good half of the car by itself, it would ensure I have a 2023 model, and I am in no particular rush to move away from my 2018 P3D.

My delivery window keeps inching forward, and is now showing Dec 1-Jan 26. I am absolutely not going to drag my 9mo pregnant wife or 1-2 week post-delivery wife and newborn child the 1.5 hour each way trip to the service center to trade in and sign for the car. They aren’t going to threaten me with “take it or cancel it” if it keeps moving up and I tell them I am not going to take delivery until after New Years after the estimated delivery was supposed to be February 2023 are they? Anyone have recent (last couple months) experience with putting the delivery on Hold?
EDD is a moving target as you might have read from the thread posted by multiple members. If you get a VIN assigned, you better be ready to take delivery. If the delivery rep is in good mood, you may push it a week or so, definitely for a month or more. Since you have a trade, why not just drive it to pickup the new car yourself instead of dragging your wife and baby with you?

EDD is a moving target as you might have read from the thread posted by multiple members. If you get a VIN assigned, you better be ready to take delivery. If the delivery rep is in good mood, you may push it a week or so, definitely for a month or more. Since you have a trade, why not just drive it to pickup the new car yourself instead of dragging your wife and baby with you?
We both need to be there to sign for the car.

For those of you that picked up their Tesla from the Devon, PA service center, where did you go for the state inspection?
Have yet to get inspected as I do not have my registration. Pickup date was 8/5/22. Local GM dealer, Klick Lewis had sold Teslas up till recently when the supply dried up. So, they know to lift them and inspect them. I will be going there after receiving my registration card.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I confirmed my delivery day as 9-15-2022. I'm considering tesla finance. However, the app doesn't give me the option because I initially indicated I would pay cash. Do I have to apply for Tesla Financing over the phone? Thanks.
Update: Tesla reached out to me to confirm delivery and offer an earlier delivery of 9/13/2022, which Im inclined to take. I asked them how do I initiate financing through Tesla. They then unlocked the feature in the app. I applied and got an instant approval of 4.49. So far, this is the best actual quote I have received. I may continue to look and refi if I find something substantially lower. P.S. I lost my wallet and it took me 7 hours to find. You can imagine what I was thinking. I know I need my ID to pick up the car. I have a 3 story home and searched it to the point of exhaustion. Right before giving up, I searched her car for the 3rd time and found it. Couldn't even watch my Chiefs lay down the law against the Cardinals.

Update: Tesla reached out to me to confirm delivery and offer an earlier delivery of 9/13/2022, which Im inclined to take. I asked them how do I initiate financing through Tesla. They then unlocked the feature in the app. I applied and got an instant approval of 4.49. So far, this is the best actual quote I have received. I may continue to look and refi if I find something substantially lower. P.S. I lost my wallet and it took me 7 hours to find. You can imagine what I was thinking. I know I need my ID to pick up the car. I have a 3 story home and searched it to the point of exhaustion. Right before giving up, I searched her car for the 3rd time and found it. Couldn't even watch my Chiefs lay down the law against the Cardinals.
I didn’t have my ID checked at all

I confirmed my delivery day as 9-15-2022. I'm considering tesla finance. However, the app doesn't give me the option because I initially indicated I would pay cash. Do I have to apply for Tesla Financing over the phone? Thanks.
Picking cash first even if you intend to finance is actually the best option, and what I've done for all of my deliveries due to the fact that the delivery date can continually get pushed out and lead to repeated hard credit pulls when the offer expires and needs to be renewed. This allows you to (of course) pay cash, find 3rd party financing, or use theirs.

Once you've confirmed your delivery date such as you have (but certainly not before you've been assigned a VIN), visit your service center in person (or call if it's not a short trip away) and tell them you want to switch to Tesla financing. They should be able to reset your payment method choice in a minute, then you can just sign in and pick a new one. I only say to visit in person asa lot of service centers redirect their calls to a central call center, which isn't always as helpful. Sometimes if you press the button for sales (which isn't a lie), you'll be routed to the guys there on the floor.

I haven't inspected it, but the invoice says they found the gap trim was rattling against the bracket, and they insulated the trim piece. I can take a look tomorrow during day light and let you know what I see.
They put 4 strips of some kind of fabric tape on the underside of the housing that is behind the display. Looks cheap and temporary but it is doing the job of stopping the rattles for now.

Attachments

• 931B416A-83B6-44D5-9E44-293B13142B1F.jpeg
    931B416A-83B6-44D5-9E44-293B13142B1F.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 130
They put 4 strips of some kind of fabric tape on the underside of the housing that is behind the display. Looks cheap and temporary but it is doing the job of stopping the rattles for now.
How can that stop the rattles? The rattles are there because of the two plastic pieces that come together as a shroud. They seem to have just taped one piece, but not to the other… weird.

I’m not clear what two pieces you are referring to. Here is a photo of the upper side of the shroud if it helps.

Here's a video of what I mean. Apologies to those that have seen it too many times... The rattle is because that top large piece is not secure against the bottom piece. Felt tape would (likely - since I haven't fixed this myself yet) need to wrap around that bottom right edge. I've tested this by when it rattles just putting my fingers back behind there and it shuts up.