Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s two pieces. It’s connected at the bottom. Yours may well be connected more firmly than mine, but it’s two pieces.
Ok, I poked around and found the seams between the bottom and top pieces. Mine are relatively tight but I can see how those will separate over time. Maybe they should be taped for a short term fix, but Tesla’s going to need to develop a better solution. What a crappy design like it was an afterthought. Maybe they rushed it to get the pivot screen out to new buyers.

Btw, I believe in my case the rattles were coming from the bottom piece of the shroud resting in the top part of the dash frame. So the tape is still resting in that but it’s dampened by the fabric tape.

Ok, I poked around and found the seams between the bottom and top pieces. Mine are relatively tight but I can see how those will separate over time. Maybe they should be taped for a short term fix, but Tesla’s going to need to develop a better solution. What a crappy design like it was an afterthought. Maybe they rushed it to get the pivot screen out to new buyers.

Btw, I believe in my case the rattles were coming from the bottom piece of the shroud resting in the top part of the dash frame. So the tape is still resting in that but it’s dampened by the fabric tape.
I see. If your two pieces are not rattling together then it’s possible just the bottom part is rattling in the dash. In that case the tape may work for you. For me it’s those two plastic pieces, they separate easily, and they rattle whenever the screen is swiveled toward me (not when flush in the dash).

Just rubbish Tesla QC.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Mine is a 2/22 built with fixed screen. It works out fine. Most if not all other model car screens are fixed. I don't know why Tesla came out with this piece and caused more complaints. There are enough rattles and squeaks throughout the car. Why add another one? Sighs.

Mine is a 2/22 built with fixed screen. It works out fine. Most if not all other model car screens are fixed. I don't know why Tesla came out with this piece and caused more complaints. There are enough rattles and squeaks throughout the car. Why add another one? Sighs.
Having the screen swiveled toward you is lovely. It really is. When you have it that way and then center it it just looks…wrong.

Picked up my MS today. I found no defects. I only saw 2 minor scratches and have an appointment to get them fixed. I expect that a good buffing will take care of them. No missing parts. I checked the tilt screen and it works. I could not see any defects in the mechanism for the tilt screen.

The yoke took a little bit to get used to but I’m getting there. I haven’t driven mulch yet. Looking forward to a long drI’ve. It‘s my first Tesla and I still have a lot to learn. So far, no complaints.

Attachments

• 8DA777AE-6CDB-4C38-BCB4-ECEBABE4A1B3.jpeg
    8DA777AE-6CDB-4C38-BCB4-ECEBABE4A1B3.jpeg
    709.2 KB · Views: 114
  • C0F9ECA5-67BA-42E8-A974-936EC33FD161.jpeg
    C0F9ECA5-67BA-42E8-A974-936EC33FD161.jpeg
    768.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 31B0A2C1-E7AA-4699-B79A-8878CEC559C1.jpeg
    31B0A2C1-E7AA-4699-B79A-8878CEC559C1.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 104
Picked up the Model S this morning. The build quality is sad. No lie. Found no issues inside, but the exterior was down right sad. Nothing that was a deal breaker but my goodness.....The small detail was disrespectful. Alot of little things wrong. They know they are the biggest show in town and we wait for months to get our cars. Once the competition catches up, they will be forced to chose quality over quantity.

My particular location was high pressure "take delivery in the app, Sir". They were even trying to get me to take delivery via the app prior to seeing my car. After going over the car in detail, I ended up taking delivery, but boy I was on the fence. I had them fix several things (I was there for about 3 hours dealing with this ish), and went directly to get PPF and tint. Will pick up next week after returning from Vegas.

In terms of my initial driving experience, the car is preset to "Insane" mold by default. Its definitely very very fast. I put it in chill mode and that was plenty. Once I have PPF, I will go back to Insane or atleast sport mode. The Yoke was easy to adapt to. I found no issues with that at all. The breaking is amazing. Let off the go pedal and it breaks. You essentially adjust how much you let off the go pedal or how much you press on the go pedal.

The one thing that I am having trouble with is the blinkers. That one was weird.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As I mentioned before I picked up mine Tuesday the 13th. I could not find anything wrong with the car. A couple of scratches were buffed out today. My only complain is with customer service. I have 2, first about the tires.

I accepted my MS on Tuesday and it has summer tires. I complained because It’s is now mid September and come late October or November those tires would be useless in the Philadelphia area. I was told the summer tires are the correct configuration. I asked for a service appointment to swap the summer tires for all season. I was told sure for about $1,300 they could do It. I asked for a credit for the brand new summer tires and I was told a flat no. I have no place to store the tires and no desire to toss a brand new set of tires.

My 2nd complaint about customer service is minor but it shows how they don‘t care about their customers. It’s one thing if we are buying a Yugo but this is a high end very expensive car. Again, I’m not complaining about wasting $45. I just don’t understand their thinking. When I’m ordered my MS in January the mobile connector cam only with the 110 adapter. I bought the 14-50 adapter back in May when the came back in stock to be ready for delivery in July. We all know that now the car does not come with the mobile charger and we need to buy one. And yes, I did get a code for a free one since I placed the order in January. The thing is the new mobile charger comes with both the 110 and 14-50 adapter. I took the one I bought in May to trade it for a dif adapter. Again, I was told a flat no. I only have 30 days from purchase to return it.

It’s silly and the $45 is not taking food from my family. The point is, from a customer satisfaction aspect, it would make PR sense to do the right thing.

As I mentioned before I picked up mine Tuesday the 13th. I could not find anything wrong with the car. A couple of scratches were buffed out today. My only complain is with customer service. I have 2, first about the tires.

I accepted my MS on Tuesday and it has summer tires. I complained because It’s is now mid September and come late October or November those tires would be useless in the Philadelphia area. I was told the summer tires are the correct configuration. I asked for a service appointment to swap the summer tires for all season. I was told sure for about $1,300 they could do It. I asked for a credit for the brand new summer tires and I was told a flat no. I have no place to store the tires and no desire to toss a brand new set of tires.

My 2nd complaint about customer service is minor but it shows how they don‘t care about their customers. It’s one thing if we are buying a Yugo but this is a high end very expensive car. Again, I’m not complaining about wasting $45. I just don’t understand their thinking. When I’m ordered my MS in January the mobile connector cam only with the 110 adapter. I bought the 14-50 adapter back in May when the came back in stock to be ready for delivery in July. We all know that now the car does not come with the mobile charger and we need to buy one. And yes, I did get a code for a free one since I placed the order in January. The thing is the new mobile charger comes with both the 110 and 14-50 adapter. I took the one I bought in May to trade it for a dif adapter. Again, I was told a flat no. I only have 30 days from purchase to return it.

It’s silly and the $45 is not taking food from my family. The point is, from a customer satisfaction aspect, it would make PR sense to do the right thing.
Is this your first Tesla? Welcome to the Tesla family. We kept coming back for more of the Tesla service.