Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup for the last 2-3 years, model year changed on November 1st (production date). That’s why I’m holding off my Plaid too. Only 6 weeks away and you’ll get a 2023. So wait if you can, will get you an extra $5k minimum 3-4 years from now should you decide to sell.
I ordered a Model S Plaid (MSM, 19” Wheels, White interior, and EAP) on September 3rd and my EDD is currently November 17 - January 12. So you are probably okay to order now if you have not already.

Yup for the last 2-3 years, model year changed on November 1st (production date). That’s why I’m holding off my Plaid too. Only 6 weeks away and you’ll get a 2023. So wait if you can, will get you an extra $5k minimum 3-4 years from now should you decide to sell.
Pretty sure it was later than November 1st last year. My car was built November 7th or 9th (delivered November 22nd) and was a 2021. It is whenever Tesla wakes up and feels like it.

Pretty sure it was later than November 1st last year. My car was built November 7th or 9th (delivered November 22nd) and was a 2021. It is whenever Tesla wakes up and feels like it.
Wow first time I’ve heard of this. Last year my Y was produced on 11/4/21, I picked it up on the 10th as a 2022. When I researched last year, Tesla also did the same in 2020. Cars that came off the assembly lines after Nov 1st 2020 were 2021 models.

Can you look at the sticker on the driver side of your car to confirm that your production date was indeed Nov 2021? Cuz mine says 11/2021.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just received a VIN. Ordered July 1st (Long Range, MSM, 19" wheels, White interior, FSD), so it was a LOT sooner than I expected! Wonder if Tesla is shifting to a 3 month delivery window?
Yeah less demand now compared to 6 months ago. The 3/Y are seeing a similar trend.

My LR just saw an ED shift from Nov-Jan to 9/23-9/28! That means I’m going to get a vin any moment now.

Vin was received today! Ordered 5/22 MSLR, blue, 19in, with EAP.

5/22 -order

7/5-nov 16- jan 11th

7/6-oct 25th-jan 2

7/18-sep 21 - nov 16

7/29-nov 9-jan 4

8/15-sept 8th - oct 20th

8/22 -sep 10th-oct 15th

9/5- dec 2022 -

9/20 -VIN - Sept 28th

Seems like 4 months is the new average. Lots of vehicles in inventory as well, across all models, so if you are still waiting check out some of the inventory sites.

Wow first time I’ve heard of this. Last year my Y was produced on 11/4/21, I picked it up on the 10th as a 2022. When I researched last year, Tesla also did the same in 2020. Cars that came off the assembly lines after Nov 1st 2020 were 2021 models.

Can you look at the sticker on the driver side of your car to confirm that your production date was indeed Nov 2021? Cuz mine says 11/2021.

I ordered my Plaid in October 2021 and got a ‘21 VIN and was supposed to be delivered the week of 11/23 as a ‘21 and all of a sudden that changed and my delivery date was changed to 12/10 and I was assigned a new VIN as a 2022 model year. My production date is 11/21.

Yes, door jam sticker says MFG 11/12 and VIN has MF instead of NF. Here is my original post about it.
2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

Last year 3/Y VIN changed to '22 ~Nov 5th ish and S changed ~Nov 17th. Each year the exact date is diff but around the general timeframe

So I was able to delay my order for a Model S LR until November. I notice on the website it says the delivery is on hold until 10/31 and there is a button I can press to say I'm ready to take delivery. The advisor said if I don't take delivery the 2nd time the order will be canceled. Is there a way to push out until late November? I'd hate to wait until November, say I'm ready to take delivery and then find out I was only a few days before getting a 2023.

So I was able to delay my order for a Model S LR until November. I notice on the website it says the delivery is on hold until 10/31 and there is a button I can press to say I'm ready to take delivery.

You will likely soon get an email giving you less than a week to press that button before they cancel your order. I expect there is zero chance that they let the hold stay until 10/31.

Is there a way to push out until late November?
Probably not.

You will likely soon get an email giving you less than a week to press that button before they cancel your order. I expect there is zero chance that they let the hold stay until 10/31.

Probably not.
I guess I can just cancel and then re-order in late November and get in the queue again. The only downside is FSD is 15K vs the 12K I ordered it for.

People are worried about the future resale value; that a 2023 made on 11/1/22 will be worth more than a 2022 made on 10/31/2022.
Well, think of it this way. I have two identical cars, both 2022's. One car's date code states March 3rd 2022. The other car has a date code of October 25 2022. Which one would you want?
My point is the date placard would have the definitive value, depending on condition.