Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are not alone, there is a whole thread on just refresh issues. I have my fair share, mostly delivery and service damage trying to fix things

Yesterday I doubled the miles on this 5 month old car, Safe to say, its starting to grow on me. For instance, having the traffic light chime come on quicker than the Wife can say, GO, is priceless
Don't trust the chime too much. I was on a left turn lane with red arrow. The go straight lights turned green and I got a Go Chime.

In my case the MSLR order I placed in June of 2021, doesn't seem any closer to being fulfilled. My EDD was into 2023 a few weeks ago.
As a whole I'm not overly impressed with Tesla.
You must have gotten one before price hikes. They are in no rush to fill your order. You might want to consider adding FSD to your order. There was a time when it seemed like the FSD cars were being delivered sooner. I'm not sure if that still applies but I would definitely do it. You can always remove it when it is in transit to your location.

You must have gotten one before price hikes. They are in no rush to fill your order. You might want to consider adding FSD to your order. There was a time when it seemed like the FSD cars were being delivered sooner. I'm not sure if that still applies but I would definitely do it. You can always remove it when it is in transit to your location.
It's too bad people like @SucreTease will disagree with a post but can't be bothered to share specifically what it was that they disagree with.

"They are in no rush to fill your order." is an assumption but everything else is factual.

Last edited:
It's too bad people like @SucreTease will disagree with a post but can't be bothered to share specifically what it was that they disagree with.

"They are in no rush to fill your order." is an assumption but everything else is factual.
I ordered my MS without FSD in beginning of September 2022. Within a week they had a vin for me. Since I wasn’t ready to accept they put my order on hold. Within a week of releasing the hold they had another vin for me. So yeah not sure why they are not assigning you a vin. But right now it’s not hard to get a MS quickly, at all.

I ordered my MS without FSD in beginning of September 2022. Within a week they had a vin for me. Since I wasn’t ready to accept they put my order on hold. Within a week of releasing the hold they had another vin for me. So yeah not sure why they are not assigning you a vin. But right now it’s not hard to get a MS quickly, at all.
May be they cannot find truck and train slots to ship the car to Illinois. Or the order got lost I ordered mine in Sep 2021 and got it in Feb 2022.

Correct, I'm getting a $25k discount in theory. My answer to the order Tesla has not wanted to fulfill was a little bit more extreme, was meant to be a stop gap. I ordered a Plaid in early February, expecting to have delivery in 4 to 6 weeks. The posted EDD at that time for a Plaid was 4 weeks. Anyway to make a long story longer, a week later they increased the price on the Plaid $6k. My EDD shot out to June/July. Now I felt I was in the same boat with another order Tesla didn't want to fulfill due to the discount I had locked in.
I was diligent checking all the inventory sites and willing to pay a grand or two for shipping. The stripped car I ordered wasn't to be had until they turned off the shipping option on the site.
What really made me lose respect for the company was a exact match popped up 20 miles from my location, just sitting in stock. I called to have the VIN applied to my order and the car was transported to the closest store. No one could answer why the car didn't apply to my order.
The Plaid is problem free and I've come to really like the white exterior. I have so much confidence I'll be getting my MSLR soon. I just swapped out the summer rubber for Michelin All Seasons.
As far as my location being a possible issue to my order not being fulfilled. I'm just outside Chicago, the major rail hub that moves about 60% of the Tesla's east of the Mississippi. Things will have to change before I order another vehicle from Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bull
Huh?? Could you please tell me which posting of mine you are referring to? Did you cite the wrong username?
Perhaps it was in error. The post I was referring to is this one. I was surprised by the 'disagree'.

Edit: Looking back at my linked post, it might come across as a bit harsh. Apologies if it did as it was not intended that way.

Last edited:
Correct, I'm getting a $25k discount in theory. My answer to the order Tesla has not wanted to fulfill was a little bit more extreme, was meant to be a stop gap. I ordered a Plaid in early February, expecting to have delivery in 4 to 6 weeks. The posted EDD at that time for a Plaid was 4 weeks. Anyway to make a long story longer, a week later they increased the price on the Plaid $6k. My EDD shot out to June/July. Now I felt I was in the same boat with another order Tesla didn't want to fulfill due to the discount I had locked in.
I was diligent checking all the inventory sites and willing to pay a grand or two for shipping. The stripped car I ordered wasn't to be had until they turned off the shipping option on the site.
What really made me lose respect for the company was a exact match popped up 20 miles from my location, just sitting in stock. I called to have the VIN applied to my order and the car was transported to the closest store. No one could answer why the car didn't apply to my order.
The Plaid is problem free and I've come to really like the white exterior. I have so much confidence I'll be getting my MSLR soon. I just swapped out the summer rubber for Michelin All Seasons.
As far as my location being a possible issue to my order not being fulfilled. I'm just outside Chicago, the major rail hub that moves about 60% of the Tesla's east of the Mississippi. Things will have to change before I order another vehicle from Tesla.
Sorry to hear that. Too many stories just like yours to be just coincidence. I'm starting to wonder if Tesla delays the orders with big discounts just hoping they will give up and cancel.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Perhaps it was in error. The post I was referring to is this one. I was surprised by the 'disagree'.

Edit: Looking back at my linked post, it might come across as a bit harsh. Apologies if it did as it was not intended that way.
I was in disagreement with your suggestion of adding FSD to accelerate delivery, but then cancelling it before payment. I consider this to be a dishonest gaming/abuse of the system for personal gain at the expense of others. It doesn't take many people to do such things before any advantage available to honest people to be withdrawn.

• Love
Reactions: Bull and frvhecke
Can anyone with a recent delivery chime in on if they're putting all-seasons on the 21'' wheels now, and if so, what are they?

Looked at the configurator recently and saw this:

View attachment 869866

Edit: weird, I guess you need to upgrade now to see pictures? It was a screen shot of the configurator, click on 21'' wheels option to see "all-season" right below.

I was in disagreement with your suggestion of adding FSD to accelerate delivery, but then cancelling it before payment. I consider this to be a dishonest gaming/abuse of the system for personal gain at the expense of others. It doesn't take many people to do such things before any advantage available to honest people to be withdrawn.
Ahhh! I cannot disagree with your integrity. I appreciate that.

I do have to say that I am sure Tesla purposely delays the discounted orders (knowing that it can sell the same cars at full price to someone else) in the hopes that the discounted order goes away. My suggestion countered their disingenuous behavior with another but that is indeed not the high road.

So do condone Tesla pushing back orders made in good faith, solely because they keep increasing prices?
Just curious.

So do condone Tesla pushing back orders made in good faith, solely because they keep increasing prices?
Just curious.
If Tesla can delivery the orders fast enough, an order may not be affected by a price increase or more than one increase. I don't believe Tesla deliberately holds back delivery hoping someone will cancel a lower price order. It may simply be a system glitch. Did you call them and question why you are not getting your VIN assigned?

If Tesla can delivery the orders fast enough, an order may not be affected by a price increase or more than one increase. I don't believe Tesla deliberately holds back delivery hoping someone will cancel a lower price order. It may simply be a system glitch. Did you call them and question why you are not getting your VIN assigned?
Several times, always told the same thing, "it's about 4 weeks till we assign a VIN to your order". My original EDD was September 2021. When I took delivery of my Plaid in April I asked about the MSLR order again with the same answer ensuing. They also had no answer as to why the match to my Plaid order was sitting in inventory, 20 miles away, instead of applying to the order. Too many coincidences for me to think anything other than what I do about Tesla. It's very real for me.

Several times, always told the same thing, "it's about 4 weeks till we assign a VIN to your order". My original EDD was September 2021. When I took delivery of my Plaid in April I asked about the MSLR order again with the same answer ensuing. They also had no answer as to why the match to my Plaid order was sitting in inventory, 20 miles away, instead of applying to the order. Too many coincidences for me to think anything other than what I do about Tesla. It's very real for me.
Cannot believe you're still waiting. This reinforces my opinion of one and done with Tesla. Unless Major changes occur.

I just wasted nearly 3 months waiting on the winter tempest setup that Tesla false advertised as in stock. Took my money in August and never delivered. I cancelled last week and thankfully the refund occurred without delay. How can a company that is so good in some areas be so bad in others.

Lucky for Tesla most all the brands are struggling with deliveries and customer service in some aspects.

Cannot believe you're still waiting. This reinforces my opinion of one and done with Tesla. Unless Major changes occur.

I just wasted nearly 3 months waiting on the winter tempest setup that Tesla false advertised as in stock. Took my money in August and never delivered. I cancelled last week and thankfully the refund occurred without delay. How can a company that is so good in some areas be so bad in others.

Lucky for Tesla most all the brands are struggling with deliveries and customer service in some aspects.
It's normal ... but unacceptable to pay and not get the car from Tesla. EVs and Tesla is a different animal these days. It's no longer business as usual. Other companies are chasing Tesla, lying and promising but also not delivering what they say. Biden and GM say GM is the EV leader. They all lie. They want your $ and your vote and will promise the sky.

Do you think that orders with FSD should take precedence even though Tesla has stated that they don’t? What’s the abuse that honest people suffer?