Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so… bad news for me. Tesla has no clue wtf is wrong with my S. The “foil wrapping” the wiring harness didn’t work, neither did outright replacing the compressor. Waiting to hear back from engineering about a fix, but until then, my car is dead in the water.

I’m torn, because service has me hooked up with a loaner and has treated me exceptionally nicely, but on the other hand, i’m kicking myself for not refusing delivery when I saw that error. I had believed it to be an error with regards to AP calibration, so thats why I accepted.

Anyone know of any other stories of permanent but sporadic “park assist unavailable” error stories and possible solutions to it? Or have I hit the new bug jackpot.

So just had my yoke replaced for the second time. Previous revision was E, New one is G. The exciting part is that there is definitely a difference in feel of the airbag. The airbag for the revision E yoke felt absolutely solid in it's mounting. The airbag on the revision G yoke feels like its spring loaded with a 1/16-1/8" of travel. Feels very much like a button. Has no one noticed this?
Nope

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
I see a problem in my ongoing 17 month old order. The one that every time I ask any Tesla associate about, the standard answer is about 4 weeks until delivery. 🙄
That's not a good place to be for sure. The OP of this sub topic thinks a dealership with sales people can fix it. There's a lot more going on in the world these days. A simple sales person is not the solution.

so… bad news for me. Tesla has no clue wtf is wrong with my S. The “foil wrapping” the wiring harness didn’t work, neither did outright replacing the compressor. Waiting to hear back from engineering about a fix, but until then, my car is dead in the water.

I’m torn, because service has me hooked up with a loaner and has treated me exceptionally nicely, but on the other hand, i’m kicking myself for not refusing delivery when I saw that error. I had believed it to be an error with regards to AP calibration, so thats why I accepted.

Anyone know of any other stories of permanent but sporadic “park assist unavailable” error stories and possible solutions to it? Or have I hit the new bug jackpot.
Had a similar issue with a 2020 Performance MS, which ended up being a USS wiring harness issue in the bumper wiring harness, but it took many days to figure out.

Maybe that’s another driver to get rid of the USS?

Just a minor update. Order was placed in April 2022 with estimated delivery February 2023. I had my order placed on hold when they assigned a 2022 VIN mid-October, and was given until November 15th to remove the hold. I looked at the app today, and it seems Tesla unilaterally removed the hold on my order and placed me back into the queue for Dec 3-31 delivery window. Hopefully they assign a 2023, or I will be strongly contemplating cancelling my order and waiting out the eventual price drop that will surely be coming as these interest rates rise and their Model S backlog shrinks.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Just a minor update. Order was placed in April 2022 with estimated delivery February 2023. I had my order placed on hold when they assigned a 2022 VIN mid-October, and was given until November 15th to remove the hold. I looked at the app today, and it seems Tesla unilaterally removed the hold on my order and placed me back into the queue for Dec 3-31 delivery window. Hopefully they assign a 2023, or I will be strongly contemplating cancelling my order and waiting out the eventual price drop that will surely be coming as these interest rates rise and their Model S backlog shrinks.
The Dec 3-31 delivery window will change in the next week to end of November.

So just had my yoke replaced for the second time. Previous revision was E, New one is G. The exciting part is that there is definitely a difference in feel of the airbag. The airbag for the revision E yoke felt absolutely solid in it's mounting. The airbag on the revision G yoke feels like its spring loaded with a 1/16-1/8" of travel. Feels very much like a button. Has no one noticed this?
I just had mine replaced. Yes. Does feel more like a button.

I just saw something about the horn button being different. They let me keep the old yoke so I'll compare now too. I can't believe though how much wear the yoke gets. Mobile service guy says he replaces a ton of them.

YOKE STEERING
WHEEL ASSEMBLY
PUR.(1622612-00-G)

I just had mine replaced. Yes. Does feel more like a button.

I just saw something about the horn button being different. They let me keep the old yoke so I'll compare now too. I can't believe though how much wear the yoke gets. Mobile service guy says he replaces a ton of them.

YOKE STEERING
WHEEL ASSEMBLY
PUR.(1622612-00-G)

Ever since they announced the yoke I thought that it would wear at lot more than a standard wheel primarily due to more concentrated touch points, e.g. less surface area to rest hands than a traditional wheel resulting in increased abrasion, at least that was my theory :).

Is the material any thicker or harder in the new yoke?

I’ve got a Plaid on order (UK) and I‘m hopeful that they enhance the material by the time they start shipping RHD models (kinda pays to be last in the shipping queue!).

Mine replaced (and airbag module). Definitely feel the slight movement.

Can some show how the horn button has changed? Do not remember my other two yokes and if different than this one.

ETA: Found a pic and yes, this yoke has the horn facing to the left. First two yoke to the right. It will be interesting to see that if my May/June 2021 build will have the capability. Will my car signal for the same software update need to activate since it was original built prior to November, 2021?

Last edited:
Reactions: Luisito
I see a problem in my ongoing 17 month old order. The one that every time I ask any Tesla associate about, the standard answer is about 4 weeks until delivery. 🙄

Look at the bright side. You may end up with the new yoke upgrade or better yet an unknown update. This type of delay happened to me when I ordered my Model X and it turned out to be the new Raven Upgrade which was huge. When the Raven was announced by Elon everyone was delaying their orders in order to snatch the new updates.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Look at the bright side. You may end up with the new yoke upgrade or better yet an unknown update. This type of delay happened to me when I ordered my Model X and it turned out to be the new Raven Upgrade which was huge. When the Raven was announced by Elon everyone was delaying their orders in order to snatch the new updates.
Will the Yoke upgrade make the car handle better or go faster? You know, like the newer hinges and taillights will. 😉