Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This maybe the first difference I'm seeing between 2021/2022 and the new 2023s. The rear entertainment screen looks larger. I ordered a Spigen screen protector for the front and rear screens of my MSLR. The front screen protector fits perfect and the rear fits, but the bezels are huge and covers the actually screen area. The rear screen protector was supposed to be made for a 2021/2022 Model S\X. Below is a picture from my car (2023 MSLR I picked up last week) and I'm holding the 2021/2022 Spigen screen protector right next to it. The bezels are huge and would block out the actual screen area.

View attachment 878795

Below is picture of a youtube video explaining how to use a 2021 MS rear entertainment screen. Definitely looks smaller because the black bezels are much bigger

View attachment 878797
Damn that’s a big improvement!

This is another benefit of not picking a first-year model. I’m sure there are tons of changes that we don’t know w the new 2023 cars. I drove a September 2022 car recently and noticed no rattles from the center console. I’ve driven in 3 previous (2021 and early 2022) S cars and they all had rattles. Keeping my finger crossed.

This is another benefit of not picking a first-year model. I’m sure there are tons of changes that we don’t know w the new 2023 cars. I drove a September 2022 car recently and noticed no rattles from the center console. I’ve driven in 3 previous (2021 and early 2022) S cars and they all had rattles. Keeping my finger crossed.
My March '22 build Plaid has no rattles. Now.:)

Reactions: Beandoc

Have a May 22....with rattling covers behind the center screen. Easy fix though.

No Driveline vibes yet, but maybe being 100% chill mode and 96% safety score is the reason.

Any 38-42 mph Driveline vibration on the Sept build?

Last edited:
Well I have a June 2021 build Plaid. No shakes, rattles or rolls. You could keep waiting to buy, but at some point you go for it. I’m glad I did. And I’m thinking the new rear screen slows the car down a bit.🙃