Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo hoo. Taking deliver of my 23 MSLR on Dec 6 in Dallas

I just ordered a couple weeks ago and deliver was estimated at Dec 31 - Feb 11.

Luckily I found an identical build 23 in inventory locally so I’m able to snag it quickly.

👉 May the Panel Gaps Gods look upon me favorably.
Fingers crossed for you, but with MS deliveries, ALUT, Always Look Under Throughly, for shipping damage.

Tesla continues to tighten up my delivery timeframe, though I am not super enthusiastic about the dates of the most recent change. 😅

Ordered Early April 2022. S LR. White, Black, 19”, FSD. Estimated delivery February 2023.
Tesla assigned 2022 VIN mid-October, placed order on hold as waiting for 2023 VIN.
Tesla removed hold first week of November, estimated delivery Dec 3-31.
Mid November estimated delivery changed to Dec 21-31.
Nov 21 estimated delivery changed to Dec 22-31.
Dec 5 estimate delivery changed to Dec 24-Dec 31.

RN1174, Blue/Black 19" no FSD, SoCal

Getting a bit of Tesla texting last 24h
11/29: VIN in the next 1-2 weeks text
11/29: Text confirming that I am ready to take delivery ASAP
11/29: Text confirming if there is a trade-in with the reservation
11/30: Text confirming payment (cash vs financing)

EDD 12/3-12/24
12/1: Trade-in, payment and delivery location all confirmed
12/4: EDD 12/4-12/23
12/5: EDD 12/5-12/23

Reactions: Beandoc
Got a VIN PF499 and scheduled delivery for 12/10!
So I just learned this the hard way:
If you're trading in, Tesla in Las Vegas has to FedEx/UPS you some docs that MUST be signed ink/paper for the trade in.

I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and they pinged me today to say "Oh, sorry. We forgot to UPS you the paper work for your trade in. You have to sign that and UPS it back before you can take delivery. Oops. We'll reach out soon to reschedule delivery and we'll get that paperwork in the mail for you today."
So if you haven't done that yet, you might want to ask.

Reactions: ece2
EDD window just dropped from December 9th through 18th on a 10-28-2022 order S Plaid to a definite pickup time of December 19th. Pretty happy. Will have worked seven days straight and will have been on call Sunday night going into the Monday pickup. Hoping adrenaline keeps me awake.

Got offered only December 17, 18 and 19 for the pickup options.

So I just learned this the hard way:
If you're trading in, Tesla in Las Vegas has to FedEx/UPS you some docs that MUST be signed ink/paper for the trade in.

I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow and they pinged me today to say "Oh, sorry. We forgot to UPS you the paper work for your trade in. You have to sign that and UPS it back before you can take delivery. Oops. We'll reach out soon to reschedule delivery and we'll get that paperwork in the mail for you today."
So if you haven't done that yet, you might want to ask.
Ridiculous! Plenty of companies use docusign through secure internet.

Reactions: MikeKFE
Ridiculous! Plenty of companies use docusign through secure internet.
Agreed

I took logic one step further and said “Since they’re just sending me docs that I need to sign, could they just pdf them to me and I’ll print them out and UPS the inked version back to them? That skips a step.”

“No. Unfortunately we can’t do that.”

“Why???”

👀👀👀

Reactions: zoomer0056