Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery Saturday of MSLR PF499, had thin bezel rear screen.
No driving issues on a long drive Sat, one door handle squeaky, scheduled SC visit for this.
This morning noticed high pitched noise coming from front on turns.
In SC for door handle and asked them to look at other issue.

I took delivery of my LR on 12/3. A little late posting, but wanted to provide my experieince. Reading through these posts helped me a lot over the last six months. I should return the favor.

Some general impressions:
1. Took delivery in Indoianaplois, IN. The car was charged and clean when I arrived. I had a chance to walk around the outside before accepting.
2. The car was in great shape. I didn't find any build quality issues on delivery day. Panel alignments are good. Trim where it belongs. Interior is beautiful.
3. I had a 160 mile drive home. No rattles appeared. I'm up to about 1,000 miles now and still no rattle.
4. The car drives wonderfully. Bumps are handled well. It walks the line between sports car and luxury sedan well in my opinion.
5. I drive a crappy road to/from work. It is intestate and it has a surface that is between a vibration and bumpy. It is diffiuclt to explain. The various ride setting don't seem to make much difference. While in autosteer, I wish there was one more setting below comfort - maybe a "hoopty" setting that just isn't connected to the road at all. If I'm letting the car drive, why do I need to worry about feeling the road?
6. As an example of the road surface, I have always thought I got about 7-10% lower fuel economy on this road. That is across three ICE vehicles. Well, the energy app seems to confirm. Driving on this road I get about 7-8% less effeciency than expected. Driving around town I am really close to expectation. I have not aben on other interstates yet. The data is nice to have.
7. Autosteer seems to have problems when going under overpasses. It seems to switch the speed limit to that of the road crossing the interstate. This definitely fits in the "ghost braking" category.
8. Last, I jsut put a ceramic coating on the car. During the process I found a couple dust nibs and a couple spots with some surface imperfections. I have to hunt for them. Knowing they are there, it is still difficult to locate them standing four feet away. I wouldn't consider them an issue unless you want a show car.
9. I haven't requested FSD yet. I'm still figuring out what software I have so I can understand what I'll lose going back a version or two. I'll probably wait until V11. The improved navigate on autopilot is what I am mopst interested in anyway.
10. One crazy item. I cannot move the blind spot camera location. I'll have to enter a service request for them to look at it. Software...

I hope everyone enjoys their cars!!

I took delivery of my LR on 12/3. A little late posting, but wanted to provide my experieince. Reading through these posts helped me a lot over the last six months. I should return the favor.

Some general impressions:
1. Took delivery in Indoianaplois, IN. The car was charged and clean when I arrived. I had a chance to walk around the outside before accepting.
2. The car was in great shape. I didn't find any build quality issues on delivery day. Panel alignments are good. Trim where it belongs. Interior is beautiful.
3. I had a 160 mile drive home. No rattles appeared. I'm up to about 1,000 miles now and still no rattle.
4. The car drives wonderfully. Bumps are handled well. It walks the line between sports car and luxury sedan well in my opinion.
5. I drive a crappy road to/from work. It is intestate and it has a surface that is between a vibration and bumpy. It is diffiuclt to explain. The various ride setting don't seem to make much difference. While in autosteer, I wish there was one more setting below comfort - maybe a "hoopty" setting that just isn't connected to the road at all. If I'm letting the car drive, why do I need to worry about feeling the road?
6. As an example of the road surface, I have always thought I got about 7-10% lower fuel economy on this road. That is across three ICE vehicles. Well, the energy app seems to confirm. Driving on this road I get about 7-8% less effeciency than expected. Driving around town I am really close to expectation. I have not aben on other interstates yet. The data is nice to have.
7. Autosteer seems to have problems when going under overpasses. It seems to switch the speed limit to that of the road crossing the interstate. This definitely fits in the "ghost braking" category.
8. Last, I jsut put a ceramic coating on the car. During the process I found a couple dust nibs and a couple spots with some surface imperfections. I have to hunt for them. Knowing they are there, it is still difficult to locate them standing four feet away. I wouldn't consider them an issue unless you want a show car.
9. I haven't requested FSD yet. I'm still figuring out what software I have so I can understand what I'll lose going back a version or two. I'll probably wait until V11. The improved navigate on autopilot is what I am mopst interested in anyway.
10. One crazy item. I cannot move the blind spot camera location. I'll have to enter a service request for them to look at it. Software...

I hope everyone enjoys their cars!!
Congratulations!

The blind spot camera is not movable with the software version you are probably using. On my Plaid using FSD beta it‘s not caught up with the non FSD versions and most likely the version you are on.

I just took delivery last week of our Model Y Performance running on 2022.40.100 and it does allow moving the location. An OTA update will add that functionality.

Congratulations!

The blind spot camera is not movable with the software version you are probably using. On my Plaid using FSD beta it‘s not caught up with the non FSD versions and most likely the version you are on.

I just took delivery last week of our Model Y Performance running on 2022.40.100 and it does allow moving the location. An OTA update will add that functionality.
Thanks! Mine came with Software 2022.40.100 and OTA updated to 2202.40.300.1 on Friday 12/9. Blindspot camera still doesn't move. Odd.

Attachments

• E7CDB23D-6B4C-4EC9-9A6F-4976E3D885A3.jpeg
    E7CDB23D-6B4C-4EC9-9A6F-4976E3D885A3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 159