Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet! I think they will deliver it the week of march 9. Even offered to spot me an Uber ride from work to the delivery warehouse.

Did you get any free swag worth mentioning. Honestly the car is great enough but a nice tesla jacket would be nice. :)

I was going to ask for a jacket, but after the extensive explanation they installed my tag with a Tesla Chrome License Plate Frame so I was shy to ask for something else.

When we placed an order for the car last week, the estimate was late March. When we confirmed the order today, we have a new estimate for April:(. The wait is killing me!!!

Being in California and a P85D, you probably will see it late March. Post a note if that happens for you. 2/22 confirm date was three days ago and P85D on the Design Studio still says late March here on 2/25. Either they haven't updated it yet or are using that to lure you in thinking you would get a 1-month delivery :) The studio is a little glitchy now - it is "kind of" showing a DWD MS 60 but when you click on the DWD, it jumps to the 85.

The P85Ds came out last year, TM makes more profit on them--I can see that they are special and seemed to get made more quickly. As well, 85Ds are hitting the roads and hopefully I will be getting mine. So if one orders a P85D online you get a closer date than ordering an 85D? I'll have to try that to see.

Ah, yes. P85D, late March; non P, May. You get priority for the P.

Last edited:
Are you taking delivery from costa mesa too?

Yes I am!

Really? Five or six weeks? For which model?
I've been waiting since Oct for an 85D, which I think they are finally producing...

It's for a P85D. I think it got delayed more like 1-2 weeks since it says "April" and not "late April." Holy cow! Why have you had to wait so long?? And how have you been able to stand the wait?!

Being in California and a P85D, you probably will see it late March. Post a note if that happens for you. 2/22 confirm date was three days ago and P85D on the Design Studio still says late March here on 2/25. Either they haven't updated it yet or are using that to lure you in thinking you would get a 1-month delivery :) The studio is a little glitchy now - it is "kind of" showing a DWD MS 60 but when you click on the DWD, it jumps to the 85.

I sure hope that's the case! I'll keep you guys updated. Haha good point! Playing on our emotions like that is not right!:wink: I'm thinking my estimate will probably be updated over the next week or two. Right now it's still on the production que.

It's for a P85D. I think it got delayed more like 1-2 weeks since it says "April" and not "late April." Holy cow! Why have you had to wait so long?? And how have you been able to stand the wait?!

Despite being announced at the same time as the P58D the 85D didn't begin production until February. Only a small number of them have been delivered. So many people are still waiting that ordered them right when they were announced. Tesla is probably behind roughly 2 weeks from where they planned to be back in October when the 85D was announced.

Despite being announced at the same time as the P58D the 85D didn't begin production until February. Only a small number of them have been delivered. So many people are still waiting that ordered them right when they were announced. Tesla is probably behind roughly 2 weeks from where they planned to be back in October when the 85D was announced.

Ah that makes sense. I can see why they've been investing so much money on expanding their production! A 1-2 month wait should be the maximum time a customer should have to wait in an ideal scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like other people's P85D estimates have also slipped from late march to April upon confirmation.
http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/p85d-order-confirmed

I confirmed mid-December for an S85D. The dashboard has maintained "Late March" the entire time. I hope that doesn't change now that it is, in fact, March. From what I understand, it takes anywhere from 6-9 days to produce the car. Does anyone know when I should expect to start receiving more detailed notifications on the status of the car's production and subsequent delivery?

I confirmed mid-December for an S85D. The dashboard has maintained "Late March" the entire time. I hope that doesn't change now that it is, in fact, March. From what I understand, it takes anywhere from 6-9 days to produce the car. Does anyone know when I should expect to start receiving more detailed notifications on the status of the car's production and subsequent delivery?

I wouldn't anticipate any movement till probably mid March for your car. When things start moving it moves relatively fast.

My own recent experience, for whatever it's worth: I had a "March" delivery on the web site. My car went into production earlier than expected, in mid-February, and total time from going into production to being able to take delivery in Maryland was 12 days. My DS had sent me an e-mail three days before it went into production saying we were about four weeks out. Apparently he either wasn't aware of the change, or the change hadn't even been made. I don't know if the "four weeks" e-mail is standard. If it is, I imagine you should be getting that right about now. Otherwise, seems like production could be past the middle of the month and still make "Late March."

Picked up my 85D in Fremont on 3/5. Drove home to Ventura Country. I had a bit of confusion figuring out how to plan the supercharging....seemed to indicate that I couldn't really make it to chargers I should have been able to, so out of an abundance of caution, I got some charge in Gilroy, then a full charge in Atascadero while enjoying a Double-Double, and made it back to my house with a bit to spare. It seems one should be able to make it from Atascadero SC to Oxnard SC, skipping Buellton. A system update was staged for me and applied that after getting home.

We had some difficulty getting the climate control to work as desired in Auto mode... it pushed the fresh air to feet when we really wanted it up top. Fan speed also seemed counter-intuitive. Much to learn.

It will take a while to get used to TACC slowing down when the guy in front is exiting the freeway...he's slowing and will be out of the lane, but we still adapt to it.

Having lots of fun with my new toy!

I took delivery of my S85D yesterday (March 9) in Mt Kisco. A very smooth process - they had just received many new cars - and I was impressed with how they were able to balance a fast and easy process together with a customer-focused, quality orientation to the car. It probably helps that I owned an S85 for 2 years/30,000 miles.
The drive home (260 miles) definitely required a Supercharger stop (Albany), as my Wh/mi was in the 360 range (75mph, 45 degrees for most of the drive).
The car drove like a dream - hugged the road better than my original S. Comments made here and on TMC regrading the TACC are very accurate - its cool, but its also very convenient (I used it to draft a steady, safe distance behind a truck for a while, as I focused on getting my Wh/mi down...).
I am looking forward to another 30,000 miles + on this!
Model S85D
White
Pano Roof
19" Wheels
Grey Leather Seats
Dual Chargers
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Sub-zero Package
Home: Skaneateles NY

One last note - hoping to get some Superchargers to connect upstate NY and Canada to points south...specifically getting a Supercharger in Binghamton NY, Scranton PA, Allentown PA or Harrisburg PA...any one of these (or ALL of them!) would be a great addition!

Took delivery on Saturday (Costa Mesa, CA). I love this car. Handles BEAUTIFULLY and oh so smooth. Picked it up with 11 miles, went to the service center to grab some floormats and took it to get some nice ceramic tinting. So far just over 100 miles and love it. Got some nifty fob protector keychains, but not much else. Very speedy paperwork signing too! When I got home I installed the AO (AbstractOcean) License Plate LEDs and that's about it.

It was love at first sight...

**MODS** Sorry! This was my first post with a picture and have no idea how to make this picture smaller. Feel free to adjust as needed.

22222.jpg