Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stuck at factory awaiting delivery truck to fill up... 13 days and counting :-(

Bears, I ordered a 70D on 4/17 for delivery in Portland. Maybe they'll get mine done in time to fill up that truck and get your car rolling North. One way or another, good luck for a delivery soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! - I confirmed my p85d on April 9th. still in production queue.. So weird

Previously, we have seen that P85Ds get priority at the factory. I suspect the wait won't be too much longer unless Tesla is waiting for a type of P85D part or doing some minor re-engineering to make the P85D even better.

You can blame me, I've got the 85 to Seattle that's in the middle of its 8th day in production. They're probably holding the truck for me :biggrin:

I know, I've been e-stalking you on the google spreadsheet ;-)

Beeeerock is another Seattle-bound car which should be done this week... that would make it ~8 teslas to the pacific northwest In this batch. Plus whoever isn't using the tracker....

Hate waiting.

It's a P85D. ;) The 70D better not be getting priority! I called the HQ before I placed my order and was specifically told that they bump the P85D to the front.

One thing I heard is that states where the EV tax credit is expiring (Washington, Georgia) are getting priority in the short term to ensure that people can take delivery before June 30th when the tax credit expires, no matter what model. I believe that's why my 70D was bumped up a week from the initial projected production date. I bet us lowly 70D's will fall back to our place in line on July 1st. :)

Louisiana also loses the EV credit July 1.

Do we know that for sure? As far as I know as of last week there were numerous bills up for discussion in the current legislative session that range from eliminating the Alternative Fuel Vehicle credit completely on July 1 to phasing it out slowly over time to just changing it from a refundable tax credit to a nonrefundable tax credit (with carry forward). Nothing has passed or changed as of now as far as I know.

Having said that, it sure seems likely to me it will not go forward in its existing form (currently a refundable tax credit of $13,600 for the 85kWh Model S wherein they just write you a check for that amount less any taxes you owe).

Mike

VIN-80569
Model S85
"In transit" for 2 weeks
May Delivery
Columbus, OH
Still haven't heard from a DES
I suggest you call your DES. Seems like Ohio is a bit understaffed and not being proactive in making contact. My car was delivered to Cleveland after 13 days in transit - status went to car being prepared for delivery - and still not a peep from the DES, no responses to my emails. Finally called and was able to confirm a delivery date within a couple of days.

Do we know that for sure? As far as I know as of last week there were numerous bills up for discussion in the current legislative session that range from eliminating the Alternative Fuel Vehicle credit completely on July 1 to phasing it out slowly over time to just changing it from a refundable tax credit to a nonrefundable tax credit (with carry forward). Nothing has passed or changed as of now as far as I know.

Having said that, it sure seems likely to me it will not go forward in its existing form (currently a refundable tax credit of $13,600 for the 85kWh Model S wherein they just write you a check for that amount less any taxes you owe).

Mike

A bill to kill the LA credit as of July 1 passed the Senate Finance Committee unanimously on Monday. Apparently, the other proposed bills that would have changed the refundable credit into a nonrefundable credit were pulled. Based on my discussions with people who work with the LA Legislature, it looks like passage of the bill to kill the credit is almost a certainty given the state's financial crisis. When the going gets tough in oil country, tax credits for things like EVs and solar power are easy targets.

A bill to kill the LA credit as of July 1 passed the Senate Finance Committee unanimously on Monday. Apparently, the other proposed bills that would have changed the refundable credit into a nonrefundable credit were pulled. Based on my discussions with people who work with the LA Legislature, it looks like passage of the bill to kill the credit is almost a certainty given the state's financial crisis. When the going gets tough in oil country, tax credits for things like EVs and solar power are easy targets.

Well, that stinks but I'm not surprised. Thanks for the update - hope you take delivery before the cutoff...

Mike

I know, I've been e-stalking you on the google spreadsheet ;-) Beeeerock is another Seattle-bound car which should be done this week... that would make it ~8 teslas to the pacific northwest In this batch. Plus whoever isn't using the tracker....
Make that 9 -- got notice today of my car entering production, delivery will be to Seattle. How many cars do they need before the truck heads out?

One thing I heard is that states where the EV tax credit is expiring (Washington, Georgia) are getting priority in the short term to ensure that people can take delivery before June 30th when the tax credit expires, no matter what model. I believe that's why my 70D was bumped up a week from the initial projected production date. I bet us lowly 70D's will fall back to our place in line on July 1st. :)

I have it on good authority that they are prioritizing these states. Washington may actually get more cars this quarter than California.

I suggest you call your DES. Seems like Ohio is a bit understaffed and not being proactive in making contact. My car was delivered to Cleveland after 13 days in transit - status went to car being prepared for delivery - and still not a peep from the DES, no responses to my emails. Finally called and was able to confirm a delivery date within a couple of days.

Cleveland's DS is brand new. He's definitely not proactive with contacts, but he will respond to my emails. My guess is because of that, the Columbus store is still swamped - they haven't gotten the workload split up quite yet.