TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S Design Studio?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NigelM, Sep 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#1 NigelM, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    This red "configure" button just appeared on my account page at http://www.teslamotors.com. So far it doesn't load anything (although the page says "Roadster design studio", I just get a never ending circle), but that must mean the Model S studio is coming soon:

Config Model s.png

Edit: I noticed a flash when the screen first starts to load so did a screen capture and look what's there! "Select a Model":
    Select A Model.png

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#2 AnOutsider, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    Maybe the launch will coincide with the 10/1 event -- though that would mean they would have to also start naming options and prices wouldn't it?

I never ordered a roadster, so I don't know if this is new, but I see this as well:

[​IMG]

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Indeed. I see the same. The Configure URL loads the 'Roadster design studio' and gets a little further in IE9 vs Chrome and shows the Roadster options, colors, accents, etc. So, could be a website faux pas or could be the upcoming Model S studio! Can't wait for the latter for sure! For the colors in particular :)

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, I'm seeing a Configure button too. Looks like they got a little ahead of themselves. It will probably disappear again. But of course it would be really cool if it actually started working!

I always figured the Roadster Design Studio was more of a beta test for the eventual Model S Design Studio. After all they introduced the thing when they were almost out of Roadsters!

5. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

My guess is that the design studio for the Model S is up and running and they will change the link from the Roadster to the S after the announcement is made October 1.

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

As predicted, the wayward button has gone away.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

As was confirmed to me the other day, Tesla employees do look at this forum regularly so we effectively give the game away every time we get a secret peek inside the company and post it here.

P.S. Is there a thread related to the Tesla website on the TMC forums? My searches showed up hundreds of results.

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Yes, Tesla Motors Website

Btw, the forum search is rather clunky. If you can't find what you want, just Google it. Put "site:teslamotorsclub.com" after your search terms.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

One time I posted something here and my phone rang within an hour. :smile:

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#10 NigelM, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    That's what happened to me!

11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It's probably the best on-going focus group any company could hope for - and if it influences (as I'm sure it does) future plans, then yay.

(Waves at Tesla!)

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've had that happen.

13. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

I know I've said this in a different thread, but I don't even see a reserved Model S when I log in at MyTesla. Is there anything I have to do to make that happen? Granted, I created the account after I made the reservation, but the email address is the same.

14. tnawara

tnawara Member

This happened to me as well. Just send them an email and they'll fix it.

15. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

So they did. Thanks.

16. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3