Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model s dipping mirrors in reverse losing settigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have a model s that seems to want to mess with you when it comes to the mirror settings. I had a drivers profile setup and whenever I go into reverse it dips the mirrors as I had the setting ticked, but also the passenger side is changing angle to the extreme right - even if I change it back to what I want (just dipped not also moving to the right) and save to the new profile, when I go back to drive it doesnt reset back to where it was before dipping. I have had to disable the dip mirrors as it just messes up every time. Have I done anything wrong or should I just give up expecting that to work correctly?

These are my favorite kind of posts to answer on TMC. So much frustration of new drivers/owners and fixed oh-so-easy.

Okay, are you ready? Write this down. Its going to be long and hard to remember especially if you have to go to your car.

1. Set the mirrors where you want them when in reverse.
2. Save that profile.Before you do anything else, read #2 again, to save that profile.

Whew, hard huh? :)

These are my favorite kind of posts to answer on TMC. So much frustration of new drivers/owners and fixed oh-so-easy.

Okay, are you ready? Write this down. Its going to be long and hard to remember especially if you have to go to your car.

1. Set the mirrors where you want them when in reverse.
2. Save that profile.Before you do anything else, read #2 again, to save that profile.

Whew, hard huh? :)

But... he already said he changed it and saved to the profile.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Yes, I have encountered the same problem you describe. I am quite frustrated by this problem. On my 2017 Model S, I could set both my desired downward and inward tilts and it would execute them flawlessly when shifting into Reverse.

However, on my 2023, I get a downward tilt. but the inward tilt never happens. Worse, is that even though the inward tilt is not executed, the right-hand mirror seems to try to reverse the inward tilt it never executed, tilting the mirror outward further and further every time the car shits back into Drive! This is what I believe is causing the problem you describe. I suspect this is a very flawed software implementation.