TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S dome lights

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Fun fact I just discovered that newbies (or nearly newbies like me) might not know about the Model S dome lights.

Up to now I thought the only way to turn them on was to use the Dome Light setting on the touch screen. Seemed overly complicated. I wished they could be quickly and more simply operated with a physical switch like in other vehicles.

So I was delighted while reading through the manual this evening to learn that either/both of the lights can be operated just by pushing on the light fixture. Push once to turn on, push again to turn off.

Kind of has me wondering what other features lay literally within arm's reach that I've yet to discover. :)

2. darrenf

darrenf Member

This will also work for the rear overhead lights.

3. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I thought [nearly] ALL cars operated that way?

4. darrenf

darrenf Member

From the simple look of the light fixtures one could be forgiven for not realizing this. Most cars have a big rectangular light that we are trained to know is also a switch while the Tesla's looks more like a lens.