TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Door handle don't show - out of warranty

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dakkor, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Anyone have this fixed recently and know the canadian cost? I am reading here post from 400 to 1000$ US.... There a guy doing it in Granby for 200$ canadian... i'm out of warranty.

Door handle on driver door stopped presenting after washing my car. I managed to open with a car and put some tape around to to fix it temporary and I can actually hear the door working but nothing happen.

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

The $200 from the guy in Granby sounds reasonable for the job. It involves removing the mechanism and re-soldering broken/corroded wires.

3. SluyterCapital

Had 2 of my P85 door handles fixed by Tesla mobile service and my car was a year out of warranty. They did it no charge as a courtesy because of the many issues regarding the mechanisms and sensors. Tesla is good for these sort of things.

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Tesla replaced one of mine and I rebuilt two using a $150 kit from EVTuning Solutions. It’s about 90 minutes to fix each one.

5. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Quote for the repair is 368$ taxs included.