TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Door Sills

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by rogbmw, Nov 28, 2012.

1. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

One thing I have noticed when stepping into the Model S is the black door sill with no emblem. Most premium automobiles have some type of stamped emblem on the door sill that one sees when opening the door. In all the models (admittedly only betas), there is just a plain black piece of plastic covering the door sill. Do the delivered cars have the plain black sill, or something on them. I found this picture on another thread here, and thought it woud really look good on the door sill. Yes, it probably would get scratched some, but wouldn't it look good!

tesla-motors-nameplate-detail.jpg

http://www.norcorp.com/nameplate-blog/bid/16472/When-One-Nameplate-Looks-Like-Two

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Plain black... And begging for scuffs and scratches.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'll try to dig it up, but I remember the signature cars having the word signature there.

until I find it though, something like this would be nice:

R8-Illuminated-Door-Sills.jpg

*edit* here's the one that just said "Model S"... I was pretty sure there was a "Signature" one too.

3432067907_275548ac25_b.jpg