Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S driver avoids crash through acceleration (dashcam video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They would be me. I weighed the hassle of flipping the camera around against the hassle of flipping the video in software if I should ever need it, and decided to leave it as is for now.

I just went back and read the post I was responding to, to see why I had incorrectly assumed you had the Blackvue professionally installed. You had written "Yes, a DR650GW-2ch, that I had installed just a few days before...", and I incorrectly took that to mean that you --had it installed by some company--, as opposed to the way you meant it, which was that you in fact had installed it.

I would not have written the post the way I did if I knew you had done the installation yourself. (I thought I was poking fun at a professional who had simply installed the camera upside down by mistake, as mine did initially!)

Schwedisch, You seem to have the same luck I have been having lately...

That driving was perfect, I am glad you shared it. if you can get out safely, get out. Looks like the black SUV had same idea. I have done that before too:wink:.

I have a 'Wedge' camera in my windscreen, soon there will be another in the back window for the same reason you mention.
I had been rear ended recently, and the perp did not want to share any of his information, so I had to call around and get his information with only a picture of the front of his truck. I should apply for a job as an investigator.

I'm sorry to hear we share the same luck :( I always ask to see their insurance card, registration card and driver's license before I let them go (take photos of the documents). If they refuse, or say that they don't have it with them, I'll call the police. But at the same time I would not risk my life trying to enforce that. I can definitely imagine situations where I'd rather just let it go than to escalate it. Another reason why a dash camera is so good to have.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not have written the post the way I did if I knew you had done the installation yourself. (I thought I was poking fun at a professional who had simply installed the camera upside down by mistake, as mine did initially!)

That's fine, I thought a lot more people would comment on the camera orientation :) Imagine my frustration when I realized the camera was mounted upside down.