Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Driving problems, thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 P100D and I was casually driving today and made a right hand turn at a very reasonable/non-aggressive speed 10-15mph and the car instantly felt as if it fishtailed behind me as if I flew thru the turn at 40mph. I straightened it out and now the steering wheel is off center and while the back end of the car almost feels like it’s floating or not in-sync. Sorry for the bad describing but trying to paint the picture.
Can’t drive over 10mph without having this back of car not attached feeling. No alerts/warnings present. Had car towed to my house. ‘Still drives’ and didn’t see anything completely out of the ordinary….. looking for anyone who may of experienced this, so I know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Not at all. After I pulled over on a side street, I turned the music off and windows down and no weird sounds or anything just as I approached the 15mph range I started getting the loose feeling. Maybe one of the drive units went bad I’m not sure but I haven’t gotten under it yet. Did recently get an alignment about a week ago but was fine for 200 miles.