Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S EcoHitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I have a redemption coupon for a Model S tow hitch which I won at a raffle last summer. Only - I don't have a Model S, I have a Roadster and don't think I'll be using this.

EVAnnex has this product for sale for $499.99:
EcoHitch for Tesla Model S

I'm willing to sell for this $400. I'm also open to trading this for a Model S Radio Flyer, if someone has a redemption coupon for that.

Thanks for your consideration.

Attachments

• img_7781.jpg
    img_7781.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7785.JPG
    IMG_7785.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7783.JPG
    IMG_7783.JPG
    641.7 KB · Views: 123
I just installed the Torklift Ecohitch on my Model S and am very happy with the sleek profile and the fact that the receiver can be removed so that you don't see the square receiver part at all when not in use. Only downside is now I get a warning all the time that Park Assist is not available so the sensors are not helping out when getting in and out of tight parking spots.

Oh, should clarify the Park Assist problem only occurred after I added my Thule bike carrier; no problems with just the hitch installed. Fortunately, Autopilot appears unaffected by the bike carrier/park assist problem. As a bonus as you can see I won't be expecting any photo radar tickets in the mail.
IMG_5806.JPG

I just installed the Torklift Ecohitch on my Model S and am very happy with the sleek profile and the fact that the receiver can be removed so that you don't see the square receiver part at all when not in use. Only downside is now I get a warning all the time that Park Assist is not available so the sensors are not helping out when getting in and out of tight parking spots.
Can u post a pic with the hitch removed? Want to see how it looks for everyday use without receiver in.

I too had the Ecohitch installed on my S and noticed that it rocks back and forth when bike rack is installed. The pivot point seems to be the bolt between hitch receiver and the permanently, in the car, mounted part. Yes I torqued the bolt tight but still rocks.
Anyone else has the same problem?

btw, an awesome thing is that my Yakima bike rack puts the bikes just far enough back to allow trunk to open without removing bikes.

I too had the Ecohitch installed on my S and noticed that it rocks back and forth when bike rack is installed. The pivot point seems to be the bolt between hitch receiver and the permanently, in the car, mounted part. Yes I torqued the bolt tight but still rocks.
Anyone else has the same problem?

btw, an awesome thing is that my Yakima bike rack puts the bikes just far enough back to allow trunk to open without removing bikes.
Mods; please move my reply. I thought this was a technical discussion on Ecohitch and then saw, too late, its a sale.