Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Enhanced Anti-theft module. Wish I had not bought.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MMC-

S70D Refresh > S75D. "*MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS*"
Supporting Member
May 22, 2016
Eastern West VA USA
I have a 2016 refresh in the USA. Saw the Model S Enhanced Anti-theft module in the Tesla on li e store and decided to purchase. Had Installed at the service center and found out it disabled cabin overheat protection. While I now understand why as the sensors detect heat in the car it's a real issue when you park in the blazing sun each day. I've found my interior at over 120 degrees on a number of occasions.
I have found that you can disable that part of the security system to allow cabin overheat protection to kick in but you have to remember to do it each and every time when exiting the vehicle. I'm seriously considering having the unit disabled as I'm more interested in the overheat protection working then the interior sensors. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

If you are an Android user, the Dashboard for Tesla app offers it's own overheat functionality and works independently of the theft or sentry modes. Even without your concern it is my preferred means of overheat protection
Yeah I have dashboard for Tesla and I used to use that but when they released the Tesla version I figured that I would use that and not have to rely on connectivity issues which do come into play with dashboard for Tesla. Maybe I'll look into using that again. Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:
Doesn't the module also offer tilt sensing? This would be very useful. My biggest concern with this module is that I want to keep that power supply available for a future dashcam. Can you supply power to this module plus a dashcam using a Y connector?

I have the anti-theft option (and yes, it does provide tilt-sensing), and also a 4-channel dashcam setup (2 BlackVue 750s, 4 cameras in all, as installed by Calibred Customs) and have had no issues thus far. I had more of a problem with the tiny window stickers that came with the anti-theft option, but I made larger ones and am making spares available by mail here.

Reactions: Jamesus