Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S existing inventory and pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Denial here is strong. Look at the Tesla website, Model S prices have dropped $10k and $12k, you don’t even have to negotiate.

I don’t know what anyone is talking about lack of Plaids, they are all over, dozens here.
I can’t buy one. I live in Nebraska. Most of those cars have to be punched in the state they are sold. They collect sales tax at purchas.

Denial here is strong. Look at the Tesla website, Model S prices have dropped $10k and $12k, you don’t even have to negotiate.

I don’t know what anyone is talking about lack of Plaids, they are all over, dozens here.
No new inventory Plaids, only a few LR within 200 miles of LA. That's a pretty big chunk of the Tesla ecosystem. I'm sure it could be different in the Deserts back east.

You can't negotiate with Tesla in general, unless you find they damaged or materially misrepresented the car.

Last fall, EV cpo.com was listing like a 1000 inventory cars. It's much less now.

IMO, Tesla does not have a demand problem they can't fix, like they have time and again in the past.

True but Rivian and Lucid operate the same way and their margins aren’t anywhere close.

Yes, but Rivian and Lucid are more early-stage. Time will tell how they do in the longer run. There had been plenty of quarters where Tesla's gross margins were notably less than they are now.

In the past year or so when some dealers were adding markups to MSRP, Tesla was doing the same thing when it raised prices. The difference is that Tesla profited 100% from the higher prices (markups) while traditional automakers didn’t see any of the dealer markup profits.

Reactions: mm9351
Yes, but Rivian and Lucid are more early-stage. Time will tell how they do in the longer run. There had been plenty of quarters where Tesla's gross margins were notably less than they are now.

In the past year or so when some dealers were adding markups to MSRP, Tesla was doing the same thing when it raised prices. The difference is that Tesla profited 100% from the higher prices (markups) while traditional automakers didn’t see any of the dealer markup profits.
I agree fully that by not having dealerships is a benefit for overall profits.

But I don’t think any of the legacy or Rivian or Lucid will ever match Tesla even in the long term. BYD probably will.

Lucid will probably go private.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Here’s an example where the initial listing says Philadelphia, but when you click on the details, you can see it’s actually in Cherry Hill.

What I don’t understand are the restrictions on registration location. What’s the reason for that? And more interestingly, why list it as available in the Philadelphia area if you won’t allow it to be registered in Pennsylvania?
I agree --what is with the registration restrictions? That seems to be a fairly recent development. used to be they would ship cars all over the place, right?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Tesla really Tesla'ing these past 24 hours....demo cars that looked a great value had their discount halved after Sunday's $5k "price adjustment"....CS say they won't make change to the vehicle price for demos at this time....additionally nobody at CS can answer about HW4 with upgraded cameras and high res radar....they just say no USS and moving to Vision is the info we have....seems safe to say the Feb and March build cars have indeed moved to HW4 though...I'll probably go that route but Tesla really don't do themselves any favors with all the weird secrecy....