Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S FAQ - Discussion Wiki

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the discussion wiki for the Model S FAQ Wiki page. I was thinking that it might make sense to divide this page up into a couple sections, the first section really could be just here for us to discuss how we want to maintain the wiki, how to best organize it, how to keep it fresh, relevant, and up to date. The second section 'Wiki changes' could be used almost like a scratch pad for an FAQ that isn't quite done yet, but in process, or perhaps you have a candidate for an FAQ but don't quite feel like it's fully baked yet.

Wiki Discussion

Wiki organization

I'd like to divide the Model S FAQ up into the same sections as the forums. I think this would make it easier to follow and find information that people might be interested in. It would look something like:
1. Ordering, Production, Deliver
1.1 first question.​
2. Driving Dynamics
3. Battery & Charging
3.1 What are the differences between the 40 kWh, 60 kWh, 85 kWh, and 85 kWh Perf flavors?​
4. User Interface
5. Interior & Exterior

UPDATE: OK, I went ahead and did it. I hope folks liked it, if not, we can always roll back and undo it.

Wiki Tips & Tricks

The forum uses the Vault Wiki plugin. From what Doug says it's the lite version, so features are limited for now. He is planning on upgrading to the full-paid version when the next one is out.

In the mean time, it seems that experimentation is the best way to figure out what works and what does not, so to do that, you can head over to: [wiki="TMC Wiki test page"]TMC Wiki test page[/wiki] and play around

Wiki editing rules & guidelines

Editing the wiki

Anybody should be allowed to edit the wiki, the more people feel comfortable editing it, the more diversity of content we'll get. And nature will take its course when it comes to moderating the content. If an edit becomes contentious (why it would, for an FAQ I don't know.. but you never know) we can just move it to the 'staging' area here, and discuss it until we've reached some consensus about its fate.

Best practices

• An item should go into the FAQ if the answer is definitive and final.
  • Any questions that there are still several answers for, but nobody can agree on the 'right' answer should not go in an FAQ.
  • An ideal FAQ item should be something that has been asked and answered repeatedly, but depending on the item, this could be just twice.
  • An FAQ entry should, when possible point to one or more threads that answer the question, but should summarize the response in the FAQ. In other words, don't just point to the forum post.

Links to FAQ items in the forums

FAQ maintainers should do their best to troll the forums and link back to the item in the FAQ when possible. Also, when creating a FAQ item, you should attempt to link to the forum post that answered it (and, if credit is due, give props to the person who posted the definitive answer).

Wiki changes (staging)

Placeholder