TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S - FAQs

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brianman, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

He must be thinking about "hover" boards.

image.jpeg

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. cash227

cash227 Member

I've been a regular visitor to the site for almost two years now, and quite surprisingly, I've only signed up today and made it official finally. Now I'm a member of the site too and it kinda feels good, guess I should've done it a long time ago.
    Figured this thread is a good place to start off, and hope I could 'unlock' my profile pic and signature soon...
    A million thx to TMC for providing a place to unite Tesla owners/fans worldwide together!
    p.s. An owner of a Model S P85D in China says hi to you all!

• Like x 8
    • Helpful x 1
  3. bradjc

bradjc Member

Hiya!

4. Lightmatrix

Lightmatrix Member

Howdy and cool!

5. Richardbankd

Richardbankd New Member

Ok that post motivated me to stop lurking and post my first post here. I just took possession of my new MS last week and absolutely love it. But I have major issues with the black paint already. Swirls, Scratches (surface), orange peel everywhere... Anybody else experience this? I have read the paint is soft etc... But mine would literally scratch from a cotton ball gently rolling across the hood.

6. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D unlocked

Can somebody tell me how to "Search" for previous discussions. I have been pawing through Tesla Forums - and find tons of good stuff, but there must be some way to search - or ask questions.
    I recall seeing something about a special tool to help remove the front license bracket. Costs $8.00. Could not find where that conversation originated or where I could buy the tool. Weather I buy the too or not - I need some help navigating. Anyone?

7. Mirlen

Mirlen Member

You can probably remove it by hand or if not with a pair of right angle needle nose pliers and a little bit of patience. Mine didn't cause me all that much trouble, just took a little while.

As for the tool, I believe you mean this:

Tesla License Plate Socket Adapter by SlippinJimmie on Shapeways

I have no affiliation with this person or company, just remember seeing it. I've never used this tool.

8. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D unlocked

Thanks
    BTW - I found that this site is great for Tesla searches : Volkerize: Search forums.teslamotors.com