TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S - FAQs

Discussion in 'Model S' started by brianman, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. druid1

druid1 Member

How to found what password for Service/Diagnostic menu for tesla s 70d 2015?

2. ReverendTed

ReverendTed Member

Is there an actual FAQ anywhere in this thread? The link on brianm”s first post is 404.

• Like x 1
  3. David29

David29 Supporting Member

Where the heck did the FAQs go? i remember there was quite a good article but I cannot find it. Links from here seem to be broken...trying to find a link to give to a new owner.

4. Reddy Kilowatt

Any link to the FAQ? Would also like to read through them.

5. vraev

vraev Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how we can find out if your car has AP 2.5 hardware or 2.0 hardware. I got my Tesla model s delivered in december. I think it was manufactured in October/november 2017.

thanks

V

6. HA3AP

HA3AP Member

Should be 2.5

• Love x 1
  7. P-town_P85

P-town_P85 Member

If you haven’t already seen it, check out TeslaTap

And if that link breaks. Teslatap[dot]com

• Informative x 1
  8. vraev

vraev Member

Thanks. Yea. I finally tried out Teslafi and it recognized my car to be AP2.5. :)

Although..it does suck that Tesla didn’t bother updating the MCU. I am starting to hear some fan noise/white noise in silence after parking the car from a drive. My MCU also kept rebooting randomly since I got my S75D in December 2017.

9. HA3AP

HA3AP Member

I don’t think that the mcu is air cooled, I’m pretty sure it’s only using passive cooling. The fan noise you might be hearing is your battery/radiator cooling down after a drive...

• Informative x 1
  10. Ritu_o0o

Ritu_o0o Member

Does MS have speed sensitive volume control settings? I have to manually increase volume when I go on freeway and reduce with I get out.....

• Like x 1
  11. HA3AP

HA3AP Member

It currently does not but as per Elon an update to enable it is on the way...

• Informative x 1
  12. Ritu_o0o

Ritu_o0o Member

Guys,

How to get latest software updates? I have not got any notification for updates (I am on 2018.4.5), what am I missing?

13. Super Dude

Super Dude Member

Hope they get on it soon, one of my bigger gripes about the car now that I'm driving with the windows down.

14. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Rare combination

I am soooo happy that your biggest gripe is that you have to adjust the volume when you pull down the window. Yeah- that should be adjusted by itself (snark)