Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - FAQs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken delivery of my Model S on August 15 and still have not been given access to the Tesla App. I only have access to my account online and the account has been paid in full and shows a zero balance. Is this a common thing that happens with a purchase of a Tesla?

No, not normal. Please call Tesla up.

In earlier years, it took several days or hours to get your car on your app.

As of 2018, I got that instantly at the beginning of the delivery when I waited to sign the paperwork.

I've taken delivery of my Model S on August 15 and still have not been given access to the Tesla App. I only have access to my account online and the account has been paid in full and shows a zero balance. Is this a common thing that happens with a purchase of a Tesla?

Did you buy from Tesla? I did and one of the items my delivery advisor verified was that my app was paired to my car and worked.

Hi All,

Which section can I ask my question below please?

I am reading to buy a used 2017/2018 Model S but I want to know facts on what the differences are between 2017 vs 2018 if any?
Is there a VIN range that shows which changes etc or do we know by the Build Dates?
I was told to only buy a 2017 from the dates of 3/2017 to 12/2017 and any prior from 3/2017 to 10/2016 is missing some updates?
Id like to know from the masters the changes or differences please as all the online info isnt accurate.

I just need it to have : HiFI, HEPA, Subzero, P100DL, and optional HiPower Charger, Pano Roof or all Glass, Sunroof is okay also.
Dont Care about FSD as I most likley will buy used from Tesla site for ease of buying plus they give extra warranty and free supercharging.

Any heating issues with a 2017 or 2018 from using Ludicris all the time? Will my used Model S be able to hit the 2.4 sec 60?

Guide me please to the facts!

Hi All,

Which section can I ask my question below please?

I am reading to buy a used 2017/2018 Model S but I want to know facts on what the differences are between 2017 vs 2018 if any?
Is there a VIN range that shows which changes etc or do we know by the Build Dates?
I was told to only buy a 2017 from the dates of 3/2017 to 12/2017 and any prior from 3/2017 to 10/2016 is missing some updates?
Id like to know from the masters the changes or differences please as all the online info isnt accurate.

I just need it to have : HiFI, HEPA, Subzero, P100DL, and optional HiPower Charger, Pano Roof or all Glass, Sunroof is okay also.
Dont Care about FSD as I most likley will buy used from Tesla site for ease of buying plus they give extra warranty and free supercharging.

Any heating issues with a 2017 or 2018 from using Ludicris all the time? Will my used Model S be able to hit the 2.4 sec 60?

Guide me please to the facts!

The primary factor that you did not post. Your budget. The rest follows the answer to that question

Mine is a 2012 Model S P 85 with 55900 Miles (Bought as CPO with 3500 miles on December 2015 from Tesla). My car displayed several warnings two weeks ago when parked at home (it was just driving fine until the previous day with no issues whatsoever), and had to be towed to service center. After two weeks, SC has sent a final invoice of $9k that includes $6k for drive unit replacement.

I'm seeking help to find out about the warranty for Drive Unit of CPO vehicles. I read these two docs online:

CPO Warranty: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf
New Vehicle Limited Warranty: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-ie.pdf

Since the warranty for drive unit is cross-referenced in the above two links, I believe the drive unit of my car is still under warranty and should be replaced at no additional cost by Tesla. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please clarify. Thank you.

Mine is a 2012 Model S P 85 with 55900 Miles (Bought as CPO with 3500 miles on December 2015 from Tesla). My car displayed several warnings two weeks ago when parked at home (it was just driving fine until the previous day with no issues whatsoever), and had to be towed to service center. After two weeks, SC has sent a final invoice of $9k that includes $6k for drive unit replacement.

I'm seeking help to find out about the warranty for Drive Unit of CPO vehicles. I read these two docs online:

CPO Warranty: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf
New Vehicle Limited Warranty: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-ie.pdf

Since the warranty for drive unit is cross-referenced in the above two links, I believe the drive unit of my car is still under warranty and should be replaced at no additional cost by Tesla. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please clarify. Thank you.

Not sure what you need clarified. Prior to october 2020, the CPO covered a 4 years/50k mile warranty. You bought the car in december 2015. It expired in 2019 or earlier based on mileage.

Came here for the FAQ but I don't see one. Is anyone trying to fix this?
The only thing I can find is very old:

Newbie here.
Thinking about picking up a used 2015 85D with 100,000k and getting MCU2 installed at Tesla SC.

Are there anything (fluids, suspension,etc..) that I should ask Tesla to check over since car will be at SC?
You might ask them to check the coolant level. I say that because my 2015 just had a coolant leak repaired. But the loss of coolant was detected and alerted by the car, so it might be a waste of money to check it without any symptoms....
Otherwise, the only coolant to check is the windshield washer (again, it alerts you and you can fill it yourself). The AC system operation is another possibility but again it would be an expense to have them test it without specific symptoms or alerts.
The answer might depend on how convenient it is to get to a SC. if you are a long drive away, asking them to check a few things might save you aggravation. Maybe ask the SC what they think is most likely to be worthwhile to look at, given the car's age, etc. (Tesla can check the car's service history, too.)

You might ask them to check the coolant level. I say that because my 2015 just had a coolant leak repaired. But the loss of coolant was detected and alerted by the car, so it might be a waste of money to check it without any symptoms....
Otherwise, the only coolant to check is the windshield washer (again, it alerts you and you can fill it yourself). The AC system operation is another possibility but again it would be an expense to have them test it without specific symptoms or alerts.
The answer might depend on how convenient it is to get to a SC. if you are a long drive away, asking them to check a few things might save you aggravation. Maybe ask the SC what they think is most likely to be worthwhile to look at, given the car's age, etc. (Tesla can check the car's service history, too.)
Thank you. Much appreciated

Recent owner of 2022 Model Y and S (been owning for few months). On the Model Y, we are about to adjust the blind spot camera position on the screen but with Model S I don't have the ability. Am I missing something or the blind spot camera position can't be moved around in the Model S? Doesn't make sense why we can't adjust the position

Recent owner of 2022 Model Y and S (been owning for few months). On the Model Y, we are about to adjust the blind spot camera position on the screen but with Model S I don't have the ability. Am I missing something or the blind spot camera position can't be moved around in the Model S? Doesn't make sense why we can't adjust the position
It’s not available on S yet 🙂

Reactions: cartech