Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Feature Wishlist (software updatable)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a list of features I hope Tesla would give us some day.

1) Option to auto-close sunroof with rain detection
2) Instead of door handle extend on park, have the door handles extend when one presses the park after already being in park.
3) Under audio favourites, when one uses the steering wheel controls to go through the different favourited channels, it never jumps from one audio source to the next. ie. the last radio channel will jump to the first spotify playlist and then onto the first tunein channel for example.
4) Sensors indicate stop but continue showing number of cm (like it does in autopark)
5) Memory passenger seat possible??
6) Have the car not be able to go in the reverse direction when in D mode with creep off (like i3 i heard)
7) Annoying feature when driving tiny distances in car park without seatbelt and then the bum might be a bit light on the seat for a split second causing the parking brake to clamp down hard! Maybe a have a timer for weight off seat before parking brake clamps down.
8) With autopark, can we have auto-vacate parallel parking lots as well? Maybe really slow because it can't see traffic coming from behind but the driver can!
9) Very clever to have cabin lights come on when engaging park but i still prefer the old style when it comes on only when i open the door.
10) Can the spotify automatically start playing where I left off when first entering the car.

Call me picky but some of these things really irk me while others are definitely nice to haves!

2) Instead of door handle extend on park, have the door handles extend when one presses the park after already being in park.
3) Under audio favourites, when one uses the steering wheel controls to go through the different favourited channels, it never jumps from one audio source to the next. ie. the last radio channel will jump to the first spotify playlist and then onto the first tunein channel for example.
4) Sensors indicate stop but continue showing number of cm (like it does in autopark)
6) Have the car not be able to go in the reverse direction when in D mode with creep off (like i3 i heard)
7) Annoying feature when driving tiny distances in car park without seatbelt and then the bum might be a bit light on the seat for a split second causing the parking brake to clamp down hard! Maybe a have a timer for weight off seat before parking brake clamps down.
8) With autopark, can we have auto-vacate parallel parking lots as well? Maybe really slow because it can't see traffic coming from behind but the driver can!
9) Very clever to have cabin lights come on when engaging park but i still prefer the old style when it comes on only when i open the door.
10) Can the spotify automatically start playing where I left off when first entering the car.

Call me picky but some of these things really irk me while others are definitely nice to haves!
There's already several threads on this topic already.

Yes, please find the 7.1 Software Improvement thread and post there. I'll add your ideas to the spreadsheet for the ones that do not require additional hardware.

FYI, memory seat for passenger not possible due to lack of wiring.