TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S finally Updated, Am I lucky?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by halg, Apr 12, 2016.

1. halg

halg Member

Just noticed that the model S got an update today, the nose looks like model X and the premium package gets the model x air filter and LED headlights. The important thing is I just ordered yesterday, and got an email saying I got all the update with no additional cost, I did noticed the price went up for $1500 for 70D. Guess I'm the lucky few. not a big fan of the new face front though.

2. yo mama

yo mama Member

Meh. I liked the old nose cone a lot more. But, eye of the beholder, etc.

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

There are still plenty of inventory models available at www.teslainventory.com if you don't like the new look.

4. halg

halg Member

I like old nose too.

5. halg

halg Member

I do like the LED headlight and the air filter.

6. bagleyc

bagleyc Member

Same here, ordered yesterday and received updated email this morning. Was hoping for APv2 but I need to trade-in soon pushing 50K miles.

7. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

#7 Mark Z, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    The 80 amp dual chargers are gone.

Just like Model X, don't forget to order the 72 amp charger upgrade.

It's an attractive update. If there was an optional Big Sky windshield, it could be a nice alternative for Model X. Even without the larger windshield, it's good for current Model X owners to have an option of trading in Model X for Model S without losing the newer front end.

The almost 300 mile range with the 90D choice is very tempting.

Imagine what the range will be in the future with a higher capacity battery.

8. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

The update is very minor. All important items are unchanged. I like the old face but obviously like the new lamps. Really pretty much a wash. I wouldn't feel bad if I just took delivery of an old version... other than some minor aesthetic stuff, functionally/feature wise pretty much the same.

9. halg

halg Member

I'm changing my order to model X because I just noticed they have a 75D available for model X and the delivery time is June.

• Like x 1
  10. pdq

pdq Member

I don't find the new design attractive, but it will make it look a lot more different from the Audis and other cars that look very much like a Tesla from a distance.

11. Endoplasmic

Endoplasmic Member

Our 90D is less than a month old and like most I'm sad about the LED lights and the air filter.

That said, they got rid of piano black (which I got, and love) for all wood choices and carbon fiber.

12. sorka

sorka Active Member

I also don't like the new design. Would like LED headlights, the new filter, and lighted vanity mirrors if they have them, but the new front just ruined the Aston Martin look that the oval gave it before.

• Like x 1
  13. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Personally, I think Tesla has finally found its personality with the front ends ....

• Like x 2
  14. RIZE

RIZE Member

I laughed when I saw the design at first but after a quick colour check in the design studio I can't say it's bad. The car looks terrible in red for example (opnion) but stunning in white (again, opinion). And the range upgrade WOW.

15. Noneduck

Noneduck Member

I like the new front end. Someday all grilled ICE cars will look hopelessly out of date. This is a step in that direction.

• Like x 1