Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Financing - 11-14 weeks out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doubleshot

'21MSLR | M/W,21,FSD | MF455 12/3
Supporting Member
All, I read that Tesla financing options are only good for 60 days. With that said, the delivery date on my order says 11-14 weeks. My question is, do I have to apply for financing now or can I do it as it gets closer? Or will they not assign a potential delivery date until financing is set?

I saw some people say just select cash, then switch to a loan, but can you go back after the fact and switch to a Tesla partner loan?

Thanks!

You can in fact select Cash and switch back to a Loan Application. All you need to do is call Tesla when you are ready.

I was told back in February that I should apply for financing because my car would be “coming soon”. My Trade-In offer expired today and my financing expires in ~40 days. Don’t think I’m getting my car before it expires. They told me they would do a “refresh” and not another hard pull on my credit but unsure if I will get the same terms, etc, etc...

You can in fact select Cash and switch back to a Loan Application. All you need to do is call Tesla when you are ready.

I was told back in February that I should apply for financing because my car would be “coming soon”. My Trade-In offer expired today and my financing expires in ~40 days. Don’t think I’m getting my car before it expires. They told me they would do a “refresh” and not another hard pull on my credit but unsure if I will get the same terms, etc, etc...
Gotcha. Ok. I'm gonna wait a few days to see what my trade in comes back at. But sounds like I shoulda waited on that too :)

I've seen some stories back and fourth on whether Tesla will reach out or not too. I haven't had much luck outside of a few emails when trying for a test drive. Seems like they want you to work for getting this thing more than them helping you get it.

I'm trading in my Kia Stinger GT2 for this. Now it's a waiting game but just wanted to make sure about timing of things. Guess I'll wait things out and see how it goes. Now that I've pressed the button 11-14 weeks seems pretty far away ha.

Gotcha. Ok. I'm gonna wait a few days to see what my trade in comes back at. But sounds like I shoulda waited on that too :)

I've seen some stories back and fourth on whether Tesla will reach out or not too. I haven't had much luck outside of a few emails when trying for a test drive. Seems like they want you to work for getting this thing more than them helping you get it.

I'm trading in my Kia Stinger GT2 for this. Now it's a waiting game but just wanted to make sure about timing of things. Guess I'll wait things out and see how it goes. Now that I've pressed the button 11-14 weeks seems pretty far away ha.

You are correct. Nothing good comes easy. While this may not be the right mantra to drop when YOU are the one spending money on THEM, in the end, it’s all worth it. Right now I am going through some major frustration regarding delivery timing with this Refresh Model S. I know that in the end, I’m going to love the car. Communication can be rough at times, nonexistent at the worst of times, but keep at it. Don’t work yourself up, it’ll all work itself out at the end.