Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Fire - Occupants Boeing employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just kidding but read on for unconfirmed story

but both occupants of the Model S were Boeing employees! One appears to have green credentials but actually worked at petrochemical refinery! I can't believe it myself! I just had a hunch and put two and two together (Seattle+Tesla+enemy=Tesla)

Remember ELon basically said the Dreamliner battery design was pure shite and offered to fix it for Boeing. You can be sure that really fcking pissed them off.

STEVE EMMERT
Environmental Strategy Regional Director at Boeing Commercial Airplanes (Sound green right?)

Prior to Boeing, Stephen worked as a consultant for BCG, as an analyst in the power sector, and spent two years in Nanjing China building a petrochemical refinery.

ROBERT CARLSON
‎Senior Project Manager at Boeing (black ops)

Just providing the facts now

MODS: PLEASE do not move into conspiracy thread

STEVE EMMERT
Environmental Strategy Regional Director at Boeing Commercial Airplanes

Prior to Boeing, Stephen worked as a consultant for BCG, as an analyst in the power sector, and spent two years in Nanjing China building a petrochemical refinery.

ROBERT CARLSON
‎Senior Project Manager at Boeing

Source

Tesla Model S Driver Hits Object On HOV Lane Near Kent, Washington, Car Smokes, Catches Fire; Is Lithium Battery Dangerous? [VIDEO]

According to the Regional Fire Authority of Kent, Wash., 20 miles south of downtown Seattle, the driver of a black Model S, identified as Steve Emmert, struck something on the HOV lane of Highway 167 Tuesday morning, then managed to exit before the vehicle erupted into flames

See Rob Carlson in transcript

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/10/02/tesla-model-s-accident-report.jpg

First the Boeing 787 has battery problems and Elon Musk says he's willing to help them fix it. And now a Boeing employee has problems with Tesla's battery. How ironic! Maybe the Boeing employee will suggest a fix! :rolleyes:

However, I'm sure if a Boeing 787 hit a metal object like that, it would be much more serious than that of a little car fire.

What if they had a second battery that they were testing out that they put in the frunk? We speculated that there was propulsion fluid for an ice up there, but maybe it was propulsion power for an EV?! This is fun! Instead of accepting what appears to be the obvious answer, let's keep speculating!

That was my first thought too, that the Boeing employees were testing their batteries to compare them to the Tesla batteries. But one flaw with that theory. From my understanding, Tesla is now in possession of the car. If that were the case, the owners would deny Tesla to look at it, no? It might not have been out of the question for the car to have been modified for analyzing Tesla's battery though.

Overall maybe it is not the lithium batteries that are the problem but the Boeing employees. I mean notice how all the fires on both planes and cars have happened with Boeing employees driving them?

The most interesting thing about all this is all this media hype and no one interviewed the driver?

Edit:

Actually looking at the post more closely it clearly states:

EMMERT STEVE/PSRBY
BRIAN/PSRBY
ROB CARLSON/DRIVER

PSRBY = Passerby

So the driver was Rob, not Emmert.

Doing a quick google of address and name points to:
"Robert E. Carlson, M.d., Professional Corporation"

So a medical professional.

Last edited:
Even assuming there's no-one else with the same name, folks are entitled to some level of privacy aren't they?

[Mod Note: This thread got moved to Off Topic as I see speculation on the employer of the driver as having zero relevance to the discussion.]

Rob Carlson the doctor already tweeted he does not have a model s so he is not the driver as stated in the transcript. Maybe he is a passerby or he was not there at all or you have the wrong robert carlson.

Here is rob carlson the boeing employee

[Moderator: link to personal information removed]

The ib times articles states in the driver was identified as steve emmert

their fact checking is usually pretty good in a business rag

you are right there is something off between the ib times article and the transcript in that article

Maybe there is some confusion because the owner is not the driver or something

Pretty sad this got moved to off topic. Please stay calm until my contacts can confirm the story. In any case...very strange both names are linked to Boeing and one has petrochemical connections

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the full link with the phone number of Rob Carlson in the report. I don't see how you trying to protect his identity when a GLOBAL newspaper has printed it already!

Please stay off this thread Nigel M! Petty one line personal attacks calling me SAD (not in the emotional way) make me MAD (yes crazy mad and also angry mad). You will see what happens.

What is REALLY sad is the current state of journalism. I have to resort to yellow press tactics to gain attention in the hope I am proven wrong. Open source journalism is pure ***** (as we saw with Reddit and Boston), but it is our ONLY option at this point. Print newspapers are dying and with it the budgets for real investigative journalism.

TWITTER:
@rob_carlson
Dear reporters and stock analysts: Google has steered you wrong. I do not own a #Telsa. My non-existent Tesla did not catch fire yesterday.

Clearly reports and stock analysts are also sad losers like NigelM because they are trying to do a proper investigation

Guys, this thread is truly off-the-rails. There is zero value in knowing the names of the occupants, what they do for a living, or where they work. Think about if you'd been in an accident and you were getting harrassed at home (and by extension, your family and employer). This is not helpful to anyone, nor is it amusing.

Please stop.

What is sad it the current state of investigative journalism. I have to resort to yellow press tactics in the hope someone will prove me wrong. Open source internet journalism DOES suck BAD (as we saw with Boston and Reddit), but it is our only option and there is no reason you can't do actual leg work in addition to internet research. Print newspapers are dying and with them the budgets needed for real investigative journalism.

How I'm I repeating gossip by linking to the actual incident report freely available to anyone on the internet or via actual leg work:

With a little help from you guys we can do a reverse phone number lookup and get to the bottom of who Rob Carlson really is. Is he the Seattle doctor or the Seattle Boeing employee? Given the unlikelihood that both names in the report are linked to Boeing employees by coincidence, and the doctor has denied it was him, I'm standing by my original post until proven wrong (I hope I am proven wrong).

The doctor posted this:
@rob_carlson
Dear reporters and stock analysts: Google has steered you wrong. I do not own a #Telsa. My non-existent Tesla did not catch fire yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Please no conspiracy theories in this thread. The hope of this thread is someone in the media will read it and prove me wrong.

At this point I just want to confirm whether Boeing employees were driving the car or were at the scene of the fire.

I have already created a honeypot conspiracy thread for the nuts to have fun on here:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/22240-Conspiracy-theories-about-Model-S-fire-in-Kent