Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First "Choices" Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno, when I go back and look at the prototypes and compare them to the current models, I think the design has matured very nicely.

rear-proto2.jpg
side-34-proto.jpg

vs

rear-non-performance.jpg
side-non-performance.jpg

I think the prototype looks a little dated in comparison (especially in the rear)

The Beta includes black sections nearest the ground, which doesn't look as pretty in a picture, but if you think about dirt accumulation, is a very prudent move. Overall, I think the new look is leaner and longer (which I think is attractive). I expect that some of those tweaks were to lower the Cd.

I thought the same thing. I was certain I was going to get the performance wheels but with the red, I'm not so sure. The silver wheels seem to pop more and go with the chrome better as you said.

I agree. I spent 20 minutes yesterday popping back and forth between the two pictures. Perf. wheels looked good with white and black but silver wheels looked better with red and silver.

I hope that Tesla can finally confirm that there is only a difference in color. I think I'm going to go with silver wheels with my red car.

I really like the look of the finished product. It simply looks like a matured version of the beta, maybe slightly more aggressive, but not enough to notice unless you are really looking for it. The end result is what may be the single best looking car on the road, I cant wait to get one!