Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"So is it the best car in the world? This fourth production example built may not be, but I'd rank it among the top few percentile and at the rate these automotive greenhorns are improving things, it might well be the best car in the solar system by version 2.0."

"The dynamic performance, equipment level, and style nearly justify the price -- even if you don't care about the electric drivetrain. I don't. And I want one."

Of course if you factor in the electric drive train at all, with its expected total cost of ownership advantages and time savings from not having to constantly stop at gas stations.. Not to mention the benefits to national security and the environment..

As we head up and over the hills the brake pedal feel stands out as better than most Toyota hybrids, with no obvious handoff from regen to hydraulic retardation.

Do they not realize that regen is on the accelerator pedal not brake? or just poorly written? Makes me wonder how much the author drove it before they wrote it.

Quote from Forbes -

“If Apple made a car, this would be it,” Jefferies analyst Jesse Pichel wrote in a a research note Friday. “Our 2 behind the wheel test drives ofthe Model S confirmed our thesis that this is the best performing performance sedan under $100,000. Our factory tour by the CTO, JB Straubel, and CFO, Deepak Ahuja, gives us confidence the 5,000 unit sales target will be easily met.”

Tesla Model S: 'If Apple Made A Car, This Would Be It' - Forbes

WOOHOO!

"You're probably snorting and rolling your eyes at the hubris of a guy who daisy-chained a bunch of laptop batteries together to make a Lotus run silently, but trust me -- after a walk through the factory, a visit to a dealer showroom, and an hour-and-a-half spent driving the car on a mix of roads, my eyes are wide and my jaw has dropped."

Read more: 2012 Tesla Model S First Drive - Motor Trend