Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S floor mats in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Lloyds Ultimats in Black for the interior as well as frunk and trunk. I think they look just as nice as the Tesla mats at nearly half the price, but without the logo. Of course, it would be best to see a side-by-side comparison, but I have not seen the Tesla mats in person. You can see pictures of the Lloyds mats in various colors and styles in the following thread:

am I looking at the wrong mats? The Lloyd mats are $720 for a full set of Luxe mats and the Tesla mats are $650

Thanks for the pics kitk. Can you comment on how the stock front mats differ from the ones you received? I find the front mats that are in the car just fine and would prefer to just order a rear mat but I'm curious of the ones from the website are "upgraded".

Thanks for the pics kitk. Can you comment on how the stock front mats differ from the ones you received? I find the front mats that are in the car just fine and would prefer to just order a rear mat but I'm curious of the ones from the website are "upgraded".

The upgraded premium mats are still a more dense style of carpet geared towards high traffic. I wouldn't call them plush. The backing is significantly thicker vs the factory mats. Additionally the backing should experience much less slip as the entire back is covered with anti-slip plastic spikes. The factory mats had a strip of velcro that attempted to do this job. Additionally there are screw in plastic pieces to ensure your mats don't move in an unsafe fashion.

I had a problem with the passenger side factory mat with it rolling back on top of itself. I tried taking it out of the car and placing weights on top of it to get it flat. Without fail the mat would curl back up on itself.

The front mats are definitely an upgrade, but it was the complete lack of rear mats that made this a priority for me to get installed. If the rear mat was available ala-carte, you could get by without the upgrade.

The front mats are definitely an upgrade, but it was the complete lack of rear mats that made this a priority for me to get installed. If the rear mat was available ala-carte, you could get by without the upgrade.

I had the same problem and found that sliding the mat toward the seat solved it. They were simply installed a little too far forward. I'm looking forward to the premium mats some day when they can actually be ordered again.

I just ordered the trunk set today. I already have the Lloyd floor mats for the interior. I'll let you know how they compare and take some side-by-side pics when I get them.
The Tesla mats just came in today. The large trunk mat was folded in a box so I just have them on my office floor for now. The Lloyd luxe mat is thicker but the Tesla mat is a denser pile and very nicely made. The Tesla mat is more of a true black where my Lloyd color is the Ebony, which is more of a charcoal look. I would say the Tesla mats are high quality and worth the money.

Here is a photo that compares my front Lloyd mat with the rear trunk Tesla mat (small footwell piece):

matcomparison4.jpg

Add me to the list of people who are pissed off that we have to order mats for a new upper-5 to 6-figure car.

To add to the level of suck, Tesla doesn't even let you order the rear mat separately. Totally uncool, and certainly darkens my view of Tesla as a company.

Demand for these mats is high. I wonder why? Maybe because these should have been included on every ordered car.

Sometimes Tesla seems totally awesome about some things, and totally crappy about others. This is probably my largest pet peeve about the Model S---that we were screwed out of floor mats and nickel and dimed for crap that should be standard. Worse, when we finalized our orders we had no idea we'd have to drop another couple hundred dollars on mats that should be standard in every car on the planet.

I'm not sure I can muster the goodwill to buy these mats from Tesla.

Add me to the list of people who are pissed off that we have to order mats for a new upper-5 to 6-figure car.

To add to the level of suck, Tesla doesn't even let you order the rear mat separately. Totally uncool, and certainly darkens my view of Tesla as a company.

Demand for these mats is high. I wonder why? Maybe because these should have been included on every ordered car.

Sometimes Tesla seems totally awesome about some things, and totally crappy about others. This is probably my largest pet peeve about the Model S---that we were screwed out of floor mats and nickel and dimed for crap that should be standard. Worse, when we finalized our orders we had no idea we'd have to drop another couple hundred dollars on mats that should be standard in every car on the planet.

I'm not sure I can muster the goodwill to buy these mats from Tesla.

I really don't understand how Tesla thinks the $200 tops in margin on the Interior set of mats can possibly offset the goodwill they lose by not including these with a $100,000 car. I can see asking people to pay extra for Frunk and Trunk mats, as they are extras that many owners don't want or need. But the lack of interior driver/passenger and rear passenger mats (my car arrived with no mats at all) is utterly ludicrous. Come on, Tesla. Same with the Frunk net, at any price. Include them already.

I really don't understand how Tesla thinks the $200 tops in margin on the Interior set of mats can possibly offset the goodwill they lose by not including these with a $100,000 car. I can see asking people to pay extra for Frunk and Trunk mats, as they are extras that many owners don't want or need. But the lack of interior driver/passenger and rear passenger mats (my car arrived with no mats at all) is utterly ludicrous. Come on, Tesla. Same with the Frunk net, at any price. Include them already.

You should at least receive front mats. Call Tesla and ask where they are. I think most people have been receiving the fronts, unless some bonehead made the decision to stop including those as well.

This kinda of sillyness will not make me a repeat Tesla customer in the future when more competing EVs are on the market and it's time to get another car...

The fronts are a due bill item, but I had already bought Tan Lloyd's Ultimats, so I told Tesla I didn't need the non-logo front mats. I also said I would gladly accept a discount or credit on a Tesla Shop purchase, as that is the only way I would consider buying the logo mats.

Just got my Tesla mats today. It comes with those 2 hooks for the driver side mat. How exactly are those supposed to be secured into the floor? Do you jus screw the hook into the fabric on the floor? Thanks.

This kinda of sillyness will not make me a repeat Tesla customer in the future when more competing EVs are on the market and it's time to get another car...
  • Tesla: Good afternoon. How can I help you?
  • Customer: I'm interested in putting a reservation down on the Model X for my wife, and another on your smaller vehicle. But I have a couple questions first.
  • Tesla: Ok, great. Fire away.
  • Customer: How many passengers does the Model X carry?
  • Tesla: 7 or 8...let me verify...
  • Customer: 7-8 is fine. How many passengers does the smaller vehicle carry?
  • Tesla: 4 or 5...let me verify...
  • Customer: 4-5 is fine. How many floor mats are there with each vehicle?
  • Tesla: 2 floor mats each. One for the driver, and one for the front seat passenger.
  • Customer: So they're both 2 passenger vehicles then?
  • Tesla: No, 7-8 and 4-5.
  • Customer: So 5-6 and 2-3 (respectively) of the passengers must be dual leg amputees?
  • Tesla: <nervous voice) No...
  • Customer: Ok, can you write into my contract a stipulation that I need floor mats that comfortably accomodate every passenger in the vehicle?
  • Tesla: Let me get back to you on that...

Frankly, it's kind of embarassing when you think of it in these terms.

Honestly, not including the rear mats doesn't bother me all that much. I've gotten custom mats for a vehicle in the past and then there's the question of what to do with the factory mats. I do agree that it should be absolutely clear from the outset what is and isn't included. The extra cost is a pretty minor issue and I'd be happy to pay for them. What utterly baffles me is that Tesla was willing to have customers wait four years for a vehicle, but they won't let me order floor mats because they're out of stock. That's just bizarre.