Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S floor mats in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The former should *absolutely* be included as standard in every car. At the very least, I hope they send a set to every Sig owner.

Nope. I ordered a set of interior mats (front and rear) once I saw they were in stock and am still waiting for them to ship. I don't mind not having "premium" mats for front and rear because some people just don't care much about such things. But for being on this forum I wouldn't have known to order premium mats (never done it before in my previous cars). I was a bit surprised that they don't provide a rear mat at all with the car, though, because that just seems a little cheap given that every other competitor provides front and rear mats standard.

Sorry to hear it, Arnold Panz...I would have thought they would have done that for Sigs without a second thought. I was hoping all along that the lack of premium mats was just a supplier shortage/issue, and they would make it right (for everyone, if not just for Sigs) after delivery. As a consolation, remember that as a Sig buyer you received a Frunk Net, with a retail value of $20 plus very affordable shipping costs, completely gratis!

Some of these decisions really make you scratch your head, don't they?

Some of these decisions really make you scratch your head, don't they?

They do. In fact, I've given Tesla the benefit of the doubt that they can't afford to give stuff away to Sig owners, so my suggestion to them was to just give Sigs first dibs on buying the premium mats, or at the very least send us an e-mail informing us they're available. No offense to anyone on this forum, but it's more than a little frustrating that the first time these mats came out they were sold out before I even had a chance to buy them, and people were buying them who wouldn't even have their car for several months! It wouldn't cost Tesla anything to at least let Sig owners (who all already have their cars) know about these things coming available.

I've repeatedly and loudly said plenty about how Tesla hasn't treated the Sigs the way I was hoping they would when I upgraded my reservation. Tesla is far from perfect, and everyone there is scrambling just to keep their heads above water, so I cut them slack on most of these things. The mats are just another example of not getting much of anything in exchange for the premium we paid.

All-weather Frunk Mat is in: Model S All-Weather Floor Mat - Frunk Set (Interior Upgrades) Tesla Motors $110

Nothing on the interior mats, but the quality looks good. I'll probably replace the smelly lloyds with the Tesla mats

dsc84_grande.jpg

DSC0062_grande.jpg

They do. In fact, I've given Tesla the benefit of the doubt that they can't afford to give stuff away to Sig owners, so my suggestion to them was to just give Sigs first dibs on buying the premium mats, or at the very least send us an e-mail informing us they're available. No offense to anyone on this forum, but it's more than a little frustrating that the first time these mats came out they were sold out before I even had a chance to buy them, and people were buying them who wouldn't even have their car for several months! It wouldn't cost Tesla anything to at least let Sig owners (who all already have their cars) know about these things coming available.

I've repeatedly and loudly said plenty about how Tesla hasn't treated the Sigs the way I was hoping they would when I upgraded my reservation. Tesla is far from perfect, and everyone there is scrambling just to keep their heads above water, so I cut them slack on most of these things. The mats are just another example of not getting much of anything in exchange for the premium we paid.

Hi Josh,

Frankly I don't see the advantage of purchasing the Tesla mats. The Tesla logos are small and not worth the price. You can buy a slightly higher quality mat for less by going to Lloyds.

Larry

The Model S doesn't come with floor mats? not even in the front? i have to order them thru the store?
The vehicle comes with front mats (and some people are unhappy with the 'non-premiumness' of them). It does not come with rear mats.

I've said most of this before, but it might be useful to repeat:
1. I think it's a bad idea on Tesla's part to not include any form of rear mat. It's advertised as a 5 person vehicle, not a 2 person vehicle.
2. I don't have a strong feeling on the quality of the front mats vs. the included mats of other car makers. But, I don't really care that much for my vehicle because...
3. To get a set of Lloyd's mats (driver, passenger, long 1pc rear) set me back $106.

Unless your budget is tight, just do #3 and move on. It's very unlikely you'll be happier by dwelling on something Tesla could have done better but likely won't address.

Hi Josh,

Frankly I don't see the advantage of purchasing the Tesla mats. The Tesla logos are small and not worth the price. You can buy a slightly higher quality mat for less by going to Lloyds.

Larry

Larry, of course you are right, but I'm stupidly loyal to Tesla and don't mind paying a little more to support them. I'm still committed to Tesla's success, so if given the choice will purchase in house versus a third party as long as there isn't a significant difference in quality.

What is most frustrating is that I don't always feel that the loyalty I've shown is a two way street. I don't think it's intentional, but is annoying nonetheless.

I'll split the difference with Tesla...I refuse to buy the carpet mats which should have been included, and like Brianman, I am pretty happy with the Lloyds. But I will gladly buy the all-weather liner mats as soon as they are available. They look as nice as Weathertech, and I'd rather have the small Tesla logo than the large Weathertech logo.

I'll split the difference with Tesla...I refuse to buy the carpet mats which should have been included, and like Brianman, I am pretty happy with the Lloyds. But I will gladly buy the all-weather liner mats as soon as they are available. They look as nice as Weathertech, and I'd rather have the small Tesla logo than the large Weathertech logo.

The All Weather Frunk mat seems to be available now.

What is most frustrating is that I don't always feel that the loyalty I've shown is a two way street. I don't think it's intentional, but is annoying nonetheless.
A simple example of this is the combination of not including the rear mat with the vehicle and not allowing you to buy that single missing piece in the store directly. You have to "double-up" on front mats if you want to order through the store.

I received my all weather trunk mat (lots of camping and dirt) and the interior set floor mats. They embroidered the Tesla T in a dark grey/near black thread. Kind of wish they would have used a whiter thread for more contrast.

Actually, they look nothing like the mats on the Tesla website. The Tesla website clearly shows a lighter thread to contrast the logo. Going to email the merchandise group to see if these are correct of if their vendor screwed up on the threading

Last edited:
I bought the Lloyd Mats Ultimats 2pc front and 1pc 2nd seat, as well as the frunk mat. Here are the pics if it helps anyone. I got straight black to go with my black interior with red piping. I'm pleased with the Lloyd's quality.

Comparing the Lloyd's on the top vs. what came with the Tesla on the bottom:
IMG_2809.jpg

Side view of the Lloyd's
IMG_2812.jpg

Side view of the Tesla's
IMG_2813.jpg

2nd row Lloyd's
IMG_2815.jpg

Lloyd's frunk
IMG_2816.jpg

Lloyd's frunk carpet in place
IMG_2821.jpg

Larry, of course you are right, but I'm stupidly loyal to Tesla and don't mind paying a little more to support them. I'm still committed to Tesla's success, so if given the choice will purchase in house versus a third party as long as there isn't a significant difference in quality.

I feel the same way and even sent a number of questions asking them if and when their mats would be available for purchase. I felt I needed the mats to protect the car so when I didn't receive a satisfactory response I went ahead and ordered Lloyd mats. As you know I'm a pretty big Tesla fan-boy, but if they don't provide timely communications there's not much I can do.

Another unfortunate example is the silence regarding the "Opportunity Console". If they continue to to remain silent folks are definitely going to purchase aftermarket solutions.

Larry

I ordered full sets over a week ago, and I've heard nothing. I've emailed the provided address, and left messages on the phone, but no response...They've already taken the money, and advertise shipping within 2-3 business days, so I should have already received them...

I gotta say that I am having second thoughts now, and wish I had gone with the Lloyd mats.