Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Floor Mats sold by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lloyds mat is a good choice. but i like luxe one rather than rubber mat, and capsule, surrounded instead of common mat. here are some pictures.
Tesla S mat 1.jpg
Tesla S mat 2.jpg
Tesla S mat 3.jpg

How good are Model S Floor Mats sold by Tesla? They are sold at $245. I was thinking if its worth spending that much OR just buying the regular floor mats from Walmart or Costco (probably sold for $25).
the mats sold by tesla are the weather tech mats, they are hard rubber/plastic and while not very luxurious but they are great if you live in a place where you encounter a lot of mud and sand.

How good are Model S Floor Mats sold by Tesla? They are sold at $245. I was thinking if its worth spending that much OR just buying the regular floor mats from Walmart or Costco (probably sold for $25).

The Tesla mats are a must for winter (in this neck of the woods anyway) as standard mats would just get trashed and melting road crud can get smelly. I may check out some "luxury" mats for summer tho.

I have the Tesla mats and they work great. I agree that they are a necessity for me here in Seattle. In the summer time, I swap out these and replace them with the carpet mats from Tesla. (I actually have the original mats that came with the car - old timers: Remember those?? They were horrible!)

I wouldn't recommend cheap mats in your Tesla. Too nice of a car to have poor performance or at a minimum, a rubber cheap smell.

I have Tesla mats in my 90D and Weather Tech in my Prius. Both fit wonderfully and have deep side walls (more on that below). The Tesla mats seem thinner than the Weather Tech, but this does not appear to affect function. If you want to keep your car nice, you need rubber mats with deep side walls. The rubber won't stain like carpet mats and the deep side walls prevent water from running out onto your surrounding carpet. Few mats have deep enough side walls to prevent escape of water. Tesla and Weather Tech satisfy this requirement. Although I think the Weather Tech in my Prius is slightly better quality, I prefer the Tesla mats due to the esthetics (nice Tesla logos).