TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Floor Mats sold by Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by shah007, Jun 27, 2016.

1. shah007

shah007 Member

How good are Model S Floor Mats sold by Tesla? They are sold at $245. I was thinking if its worth spending that much OR just buying the regular floor mats from Walmart or Costco (probably sold for $25).

2. Vrrooom

Vrrooom Member

Look at Lloyds mats, I've had them in my Z06 and they were amazing. Very nice quality, they were thick, and felt like what a mat should.

3. shah007

shah007 Member

Thanks Vrrooom. I looked on their website but they dont have mats for Tesla. Which ones did you buy for the Tesla?

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Unless things have changed, you cant buy from Lloyds directly. They have many distributors though.....here is one. Floor Mats & Liners - FREE SHIPPING on Custom Car Mats And I agree with Vrrooom, they are very good mats.

5. JonnyStinson09

Lloyds mat is a good choice. but i like luxe one rather than rubber mat, and capsule, surrounded instead of common mat. here are some pictures.
    Tesla S mat 1.jpg Tesla S mat 2.jpg Tesla S mat 3.jpg

6. kort677

kort677 Active Member

the mats sold by tesla are the weather tech mats, they are hard rubber/plastic and while not very luxurious but they are great if you live in a place where you encounter a lot of mud and sand.

7. Firewired

Firewired Member

I just got the Lloyd's Luxe mats and they are awesome.

8. Xenius

Xenius Member

I got the Tesla all weather matts for the cabin. They're great. They're actually just Tesla branded WeatherTech mats but they're priced slightly lower than weathertech.

9. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

The Tesla mats are a must for winter (in this neck of the woods anyway) as standard mats would just get trashed and melting road crud can get smelly. I may check out some "luxury" mats for summer tho.

• Like x 2
  10. Geoff

Geoff Member

I have the Tesla mats and they work great. I agree that they are a necessity for me here in Seattle. In the summer time, I swap out these and replace them with the carpet mats from Tesla. (I actually have the original mats that came with the car - old timers: Remember those?? They were horrible!)

I wouldn't recommend cheap mats in your Tesla. Too nice of a car to have poor performance or at a minimum, a rubber cheap smell.

11. DDD4EV

DDD4EV Member

I have Tesla mats in my 90D and Weather Tech in my Prius. Both fit wonderfully and have deep side walls (more on that below). The Tesla mats seem thinner than the Weather Tech, but this does not appear to affect function. If you want to keep your car nice, you need rubber mats with deep side walls. The rubber won't stain like carpet mats and the deep side walls prevent water from running out onto your surrounding carpet. Few mats have deep enough side walls to prevent escape of water. Tesla and Weather Tech satisfy this requirement. Although I think the Weather Tech in my Prius is slightly better quality, I prefer the Tesla mats due to the esthetics (nice Tesla logos).

12. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Do standard upholstered floor mats come with the Tesla or do you have to purchase separately?

13. Xenius

Xenius Member

Standard mats come with. But I'd highly recommend the all weather.