Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Floor Mats (Suck) - Any recommendations for replacing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 model S and have always been annoyed by the floor mats. The front driver side always seems to bunch up and the rear mat doesn't have any of the "velcro" so I'm constantly having to re-center. I mean anytime someone sits in the back I'll have to fix it. Anyone with similar problem/disappointment with the floor mats and what do you recommend replacing them with.

Double checked in case I need to replace the mats. Mine are actually ebony color and match perfect with black interior where floor is dark grey. Driver's mat comes with retrofit safety hooks.

They were so expensive that I've used cheap chinese all weather bowls on top of them almost all the time. 😎
They don't look as fitting IRL, but that was to be expected. Material also has nothing to do with leather (they're pure polyurethane), as expected. They look less than in marketing photos mainly due to tight packing which has left permanent wrinkling. They're ok for the price and do keep water and grime off the actual carpets. They still look better than any rubber mats I've seen.

I hope the Lloyds fit the new refresh.

Last edited:
These are quite popular with the Tesla crowd

But there are a number of copycat companies making exact same thing with no logo, but same material for less. Check amazon, aliexpress, vendors on this forum, etc

This vendor may sell for S...not sure

Have a look at cocomats.com. I have used their mats for my Model S since I got it, and in previous cars. They are well-fitted, with grippy backs, and heavy so they do not slide around. There are many options for materials and colors. And made in the USA.
I use these in the nice weather, but remove them for the winter and use the Tesla all-weather mats. The all-weather mats are not pretty but are very durable and better when tracking in snow and salt in the winter.

20151010_141628.jpg

Reactions: Dukeybootie