Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Front Bumper Refresh Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I have done the same on my Tesla S 2016, I replaced it with a used OEM 2019 bumper and of also, I had to I purchase the total of the 4 follwoing items:
The grille support bar trim,The front bummper upper grille molding and the Front Tesla Emblem and some aluminum wire mesh for the lower portion of the new bumper.
I had to do some cut to fit the front lower lights on the new bumper, I also extended the wires for the autopilot sensors. I had to do some cut in the grill support bar to fit the emergency manual front hood opener, and also some holes for the new screws support. Everything was managable except that the
the existing lower splash shield cover (under the bumper) does not fit with the new bumper. Do you have any suggestion in this case?
I have not done it on mine yet (still waiting to buy parts from Tesla SC), but I heard the old lower splash shield can just be tucked into the new bumper.

Did you purchase those parts at Tesla SC? If so, how did you do it?

I have not done it on mine yet (still waiting to buy parts from Tesla SC), but I heard the old lower splash shield can just be tucked into the new bumper.

Did you purchase those parts at Tesla SC? If so, how did you do it?
No, I used the OEM bumper (2017-2020) model. As I explained, I had to do some cut in the new bumper to fit the lower headlight and also providing some space for the emergency front hood opener and some screws. The old splash shield does not fit into the new bumper. I believe the modified new bumpers like the one from Tesla SC may fit with the old splash shield, but I had this issue in my installation. The rest items are fine. I am thinking maybe I have to do some cut in the splash shield and connect it to the new front bumper by using some screws.

No, I used the OEM bumper (2017-2020) model. As I explained, I had to do some cut in the new bumper to fit the lower headlight and also providing some space for the emergency front hood opener and some screws. The old splash shield does not fit into the new bumper. I believe the modified new bumpers like the one from Tesla SC may fit with the old splash shield, but I had this issue in my installation. The rest items are fine. I am thinking maybe I have to do some cut in the splash shield and connect it to the new front bumper by using some screws.
I meant not the bumper but the other parts you listed. Did you get them on ebay or tesla sc. Cause I'm trying to get them from tesla.

The bumper I got is original (oem) tesla. They aren't any different from the one sold at tesla sc (unpainted) afaik.

I've seen someone just used the old splash shield no cutting and just tuck it in the new bumper. Of course the newer splash shield will be the best match but not necessary.

I meant not the bumper but the other parts you listed. Did you get them on ebay or tesla sc. Cause I'm trying to get them from tesla.

The bumper I got is original (oem) tesla. They aren't any different from the one sold at tesla sc (unpainted) afaik.

I've seen someone just used the old splash shield no cutting and just tuck it in the new bumper. Of course the newer splash shield will be the best match but not necessary.
I got most of the parts from ebay. Also take a look at evpartsonline.com which they can send you the parts over the night and their price is very resonable. I purchased some of the parts from them. I have to double check that why I was not able to install the old bumper splash shield and I will let you know. I will add some picture later.

I got most of the parts from ebay. Also take a look at evpartsonline.com which they can send you the parts over the night and their price is very resonable. I purchased some of the parts from them. I have to double check that why I was not able to install the old bumper splash shield and I will let you know. I will add some picture later.
Success for me. I got them all from Tesla SC. They are much cheaper than ebay (and used) and other places I've seen online.

So yea, I guess if you just follow the process: App -> Other -> need parts and list them, then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Hi,
I have done the same on my Tesla S 2016, I replaced it with a used OEM 2019 bumper and of also, I had to I purchase the total of the 4 follwoing items:
The grille support bar trim,The front bummper upper grille molding and the Front Tesla Emblem and some aluminum wire mesh for the lower portion of the new bumper.
I had to do some cut to fit the front lower lights on the new bumper, I also extended the wires for the autopilot sensors. I had to do some cut in the grill support bar to fit the emergency manual front hood opener, and also some holes for the new screws support. Everything was managable except that the
the existing lower splash shield cover (under the bumper) does not fit with the new bumper. Do you have any suggestion in this case?
Sorry for the late reply. The V1 aero shield does not fit the V2 bumper. You have to buy the V2 aeroshield for the bottom.