Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S front passenger seat flexible drive shafts needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S P85 - My front passenger seat twisting when going forward and backward is due to the failure of one of the seat's flexible drive shafts. Easy job if only I could get the £30 part. Tesla solution is a £900+ replacement seat base.

The flexible shaft I need is approx. 150mm long and squared at each end to approx 3mm * 3mm. (see attached picture)

Does anyone know of a supplier (ideally UK based) for this component?
Have you had this problem and how did you solve it?
What were the length of the shafts you replaced (the arrangement has two shafts each of different lengths)?

Internet searches have been difficult with multiple unwanted finds for SEAT cars, child car seats and seat upholstery repairs.

Amazon is a possibility (need to accurately confirm length of flexible shaft) but currently shows deliveries into mid March 2023.

AliExpress is another possibility but again with long lead times and fewer length options.

Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Attachments

• Models S broken seat drive shaft.jpg
    Models S broken seat drive shaft.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi, I also have a driver seat failure, it doesn`t want to slide forward/back, I have had a technician trying to recalibrate but it doesn`t allow it or something.
The relay seems fine as I can hear it click so he said it might be the motor.
Do you have any pictures of the underside of the seat as I can`t see the motor?

Upvote 0