Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S getting wrapped in 3M S261 (Satin Dark Grey)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DavidP100DL

P100D with P90D underline so it's faster.
Aug 4, 2016
West Los Angeles
I am having my new Model S P100D wrapped. The work is being done by Exoticar in West Los Angeles.

It's almost done and can't wait to bring it home. These photos make it a look a lot lighter than it is because the shop is very bright.

View media item 116023View media item 116070
Need to finish the front bumper & need the wheels powder-coated Satin Black and we are ready to go.

View media item 116074
A few more of the work in progress:

View media item 116072View media item 116071View media item 116069

That looks amazing!! Why is the front passenger-side wheel the silver 21-inch turbine? Looks like your car came with the dark grey rims...

That's what I am saying about the light in that shop. It's super bright combined with a probably less than great camera. The wheels are the Dark Grey Turbines that are getting powder-coated Satin Black. It's also had all sorts of other wheels on it at various stages while the rims were getting powder-coated.

I'll update the thread with the "actual color" photos when I can get it back home.

Looks awesome! Where did you get your wheels powder-coated?

The wrap and the wheels were done by Exoticar in West LA.

This wrap is one-shade lighter than I requested, and not actually 3M Dark Satin Grey, so I'm going to drive it around for a bit and then go back and get it done all over again. It was an honest communication mistake. :confused: