Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S headlights at night pic...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
I really like how distinctive he Model S headlights are, PIA to get a good picture, ended up with this one after a few tries...

Attachments

• 2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-headlights.JPG
    2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-headlights.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 13,110
It is distinctive. Most nights on my commute home I see at least one Model S heading the other direction (with both of us in the carpool lanes), and it is easy to spot that one is coming.

My suggestion to tesla for some distinction.... Design a backlight or something for the "T" logo on the front and back of the car. That would be hot!
Something like this? (It's a weak rendering but hopefully it captures what I'm trying to show.)
TGlowHalfsize.jpg

Original is here: Model S Gallery | Tesla Motors

I realize it's completely gratuitous, but I'd like it if my 17" would show this animated T when starting up from sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or is part of the front headlight not illuminated.

You are correct. The LED band directly above the HID is not lit in this picture. Most likely the LEDs are being driven on a matrix and only some are lit at a time. This is really common for LEDs. But the switching is so fast that you don't notice it with your eyes. Much like your LCD monitor. Fast exposures will have this problem. I would think something between 1/30-1/60 of a second would capture the whole LED band.