Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Heated Windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
Has anyone confirmed the presence of the heated windshield on the refreshed Model S? It is still listed on the site but initial reports did not seem to indicate it was actually available.

Comfort​

1. Heated seats for every passenger, heated steering and heated windshield
  2. Ventilated front seating
  3. Tri-zone Airwave cabin conditioning
  4. HEPA air filtration system
  5. Custom driver profiles with automatic easy-entry and exit
  6. Ambient lighting
  7. Tinted glass roof
  8. Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass

So…not a heated windshield then.

Heated wipers like the previous model? That seems like a pretty egregious goof in the spec sheet.

I mean it is still a heated windshield no? That's really all you need. you should be clearing your winshield of ice before you depart and the heated area of the windshield is to keep ice from building up on your wipers. I've not see anything different with any other manufacturer and this has always been sufficient IMO.

What were you hoping for? lines running through your entire windshield like a rear defroster? :) that would be annoying as heck lol. 99% of the time not needed...

• Disagree
Reactions: CaptUAL and glide
I mean it is still a heated windshield no? That's really all you need. you should be clearing your winshield of ice before you depart and the heated area of the windshield is to keep ice from building up on your wipers. I've not see anything different with any other manufacturer and this has always been sufficient IMO.

What were you hoping for? lines running through your entire windshield like a rear defroster? :) that would be annoying as heck lol. 99% of the time not needed...
No. It isn’t.

Read some posts above. Plenty of luxury vehicles have true heated windshields.

I can’t stand it when fanbois make excuses for Tesla’s failure to deliver on advertised features.

No. It isn’t.

Read some posts above. Plenty of luxury vehicles have true heated windshields.

I can’t stand it when fanbois make excuses for Tesla’s failure to deliver on advertised features.

no fan boi here. My first Tesla. I'd like to learn more about what you're speaking of with the heated windshields. Can you point me in a direction of a car that has this feature you are expecting?

The 2021 MSP has Heated Wipers. Not Heated Windshield . It of course has Two levels of Heated Defrost.

3DEE83A3-7538-4A5E-A85C-B0313FB44284.jpeg
67A4DE10-18F4-4E6B-ACD3-0A6859351587.jpeg

no fan boi here. My first Tesla. I'd like to learn more about what you're speaking of with the heated windshields. Can you point me in a direction of a car that has this feature you are expecting?
My VW e-golf has true heated windshield (you can very faintly see the element grid in the windshield.

My Odyssey has the same "icon" button, but it just heats the wiper area.

Thanks, did not read that closely was in a hurry. I would agree with you that the verbiage is misleading/incorrecrt. I looked up the range rover. It would be nice to have a heated windshield like that. but heated wipers are nice too.
Heated wipers are not nice when you paid for a heated windshield though, are they?

PLEASE stop making excuses for this company.

Did you buy an MS and are now returning it because it does not have a heated windshield or have you decided not to buy an MS because it lacks a heated windshield?
Okay. The fanboi *is* strong with this one. You seem to love making excuses for Tesla’s failure to deliver here.

I bought a MS that was advertised as having a heated windshield. It did not come with one. You can’t “return” a vehicle because a manufacturer pulled a bait and switch. That’s what lawyers are for.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Heated wipers are not nice when you paid for a heated windshield though, are they?

PLEASE stop making excuses for this company.

What do you want me to say. You’re clearly triggered by the lack of a heated windshield. It’s a big deal to you. Go cry to someone else. Message Elon. FFS who cares. I agree with you it is inaccurate. This seems to be Teslas MO. Case in point my EDD changing 1000x. Guess what I’m pisssd about that too. They said my car would be here in SEPTEMBER. I’m still waiting.

I got bigger fish to fry the come here an whine about a windshield lol

Okay. The fanboi *is* strong with this one. You seem to love making excuses for Tesla’s failure to deliver here.

I bought a MS that was advertised as having a heated windshield. It did not come with one. You can’t “return” a vehicle because a manufacturer pulled a bait and switch. That’s what lawyers are for.
I re-read my post, as I suspected I did not make any excuses for Tesla. I just asked if you had made the purchase and are now unhappy or decided not to buy because it lacks the heated Windshield. Now it seems clear that you made the purchase and looking for a lawyer to sue for false advertisement.

I re-read my post, as I suspected I did not make any excuses for Tesla. I just asked if you had made the purchase and are now unhappy or decided not to buy because it lacks the heated Windshield. Now it seems clear that you made the purchase and looking for a lawyer to sue for false advertisement.
No and no. But nice try, fanboi.

What do you want me to say. You’re clearly triggered by the lack of a heated windshield. It’s a big deal to you. Go cry to someone else. Message Elon. FFS who cares. I agree with you it is inaccurate. This seems to be Teslas MO. Case in point my EDD changing 1000x. Guess what I’m pisssd about that too. They said my car would be here in SEPTEMBER. I’m still waiting.

I got bigger fish to fry the come here an whine about a windshield lol
Sounds like you’re in an abusive relationship with Elon. Let us know if you need help.